Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmd3

Corn Dog Coating Mix

I have cut out most breads and stuff right now, but I am really craving a corn-dog of all things. Can anyone help with a receipe? Thanks so much!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have cut out most breads and stuff right now, but I am really craving a corn-dog of all things. Can anyone help with a receipe? Thanks so much!

Find Gulia - she tortures us with her avatar pictures of the goodies she cooks./bakes... She'll know!

I made the following recipe, and they were good. They tasted like real corndogs!

Corn Dogs

Source: Randall Wade, Gluten-free Casein-free Kids, Yahoo Groups

1/2 cup Gluten-free Casein-free flour blend (I use Bette Hagman blend)

1/2 cup cornmeal

1/2 tsp. xanthan gum

1/2 tablespoon sugar

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 egg, beaten

3/4 cup milk substitute

Gluten-free Casein-free hotdogs (I use Bar-S)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients until smooth. Cut each hotdog in half, and dry thoroughly with a paper towel (this will help the batter stick to the hotdogs). Dip each hotdog piece in the batter. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.

glutenfreeda.com has a recipe for corn dogs in their online cooking class section. It has pictures to show you step by step how to do it.

I haven't tried it yet, but printed it off and will do it soon.

It even gives instructions for freezing them and reheating in oven.

Thanks for the recipe! I've been craving these as well. I'm excited to try it out!

I made the following recipe, and they were good. They tasted like real corndogs!

Corn Dogs

Source: Randall Wade, Gluten-free Casein-free Kids, Yahoo Groups

1/2 cup Gluten-free Casein-free flour blend (I use Bette Hagman blend)

1/2 cup cornmeal

1/2 tsp. xanthan gum

1/2 tablespoon sugar

1/2 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. salt

1 egg, beaten

3/4 cup milk substitute

Gluten-free Casein-free hotdogs (I use Bar-S)

Mix the dry ingredients together. Add the wet ingredients until smooth. Cut each hotdog in half, and dry thoroughly with a paper towel (this will help the batter stick to the hotdogs). Dip each hotdog piece in the batter. Deep fry until golden brown. Drain on paper towel.

Not a mix per say, the recipe forum may have better answers. But premade, I know people really like Chebe' bread. Also, S'Better Farms makes Gluten Free corn dogs. I've been dying to try some, but nobody carries them around where I live. http://www.sbetterfarms.com/about.htm

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...