Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juliela

Strawberry Torte Recipe

Hi everyone, Thought I'd post one of my favorite recipes to use all of those strawberries this time of year...

STRAWBERRY TORTE

1 cup gluten-free flour Bob's Red Mill All Purpose or Beth's gluten-free Pantry All-Purpose

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

This sounds really good...but do you think we could make substitutions for all dairy products?

Kassandra

I don't see why you couldn't substitute soy or rice milk and dairy-free butter. I used to substitute dairy-free ingredients all the time when I had some past issues with dairy.

Kassandra,

Subsituting the milk and butter in the "torte" part of the recipe will be fine. I'm assuming you can have eggs?

I don' think a soy milk would "whip" well enough to mix with the fruit for the filling. Here are some non-dairy whipped cream substitutes...

Cool Whip

Non-Dairy Whipped Topping: contains casein; frozen tub

Regular; Free; French Vanilla; Light; Strawberry

Kineret Non-Dairy Whipped Topping

casein-free; frozen container

Real Whip

Frozen Topping: Original

contains casein; [lite and fat-free contain milk]

Rich Whip

Liquid Frozen Topping

casein-free; frozen tub

Soyatoo Whipped Soy Topping

casein-free; shelf-stable aerosol container

Rich's Non-Dairy Whipped Cream

Please let us know how it turns out!!

Julie

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

This is good advice. Some restaurants offer gluten-free menus or mark items with “GF” on their regular menu, and I try to eat at such places. I still talk to the manager when I order to be sure. 
    I've had a swollen gland in my neck similar to what you described.  I found that taking thiamine helps immensely.   Here's an article that you might find helpful..... http://wandererandhome.weebly.com/heal-yourself/vitamin-b1-th...
    Mummu said her daughter was "constantly nauseated, tired, and having little to no interest in eating.  She's lost weight and I'm worried she may be becoming depressed"   I agree with M.Martha.  The Autoimmune diet without dairy and...