Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hi everyone,

I've been gluten-free for about 3 days and I was just wondering if it gets worse before it gets better. I've had more stomach pain these few days and have been a little more nauseous than usual...definitely more tired although that may have to do with something else, who knows.

Thanks guys. Hope you're all doing great.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hi everyone,

I've been gluten-free for about 3 days and I was just wondering if it gets worse before it gets better. I've had more stomach pain these few days and have been a little more nauseous than usual...definitely more tired although that may have to do with something else, who knows.

Thanks guys. Hope you're all doing great.

That is a difficult question to answer. Three days is a very short time to see improvements. It took me several months before I felt that I could safely venture out about town, and I live in a very small town. I don't recall you mode of diagnosis, but it took some time for most damage to occure and it will equally take time for healing to begin.

During this time, make sure that you are checking your toiletries as in cosmetics, shampoos, lipstick or lip balm. Gluten can hide everywhere from your Teflon pans, wooden spoons, old toasters, previously used bread machines, pots and pans not thoroughly cleaned, medications, vitamins.

Stick to a simple diet of meats, fish, fresh veggies, fruits, rice and potatos and processed foods until you have the ability to read labels.

This too will pass with dilegence and you will find yourself on the road to recovery. I do hope you feel better soon. I DO remember.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.  
    How is one tested for Celiac Disease? I have had several endoscopes and the lower part too and none of the doctors have said anything about it. I have BIG issues with bloating, severe pain in my upper chest (under the chest bone), at times...