This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Uno's

ebrbetty

ebrbetty Rising Star

here is the email I got today!! :D

Dear Elizabeth,

We are working on finding a great gluten free pizza. We absolutely know that their is a

need for one, but we want to make sure that any pizza that carries the UNO name is an

outstanding pizza.

Our Development Chef and his team are working on finding one and hopefully it will not be

too much longer. Please know that we are committed to giving our guests the very best

food and we hope to include a gluten free pizza one day soon.

Kacey Bogue

Senior Hospitality Representative

Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 EST

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Emily Elizabeth Enthusiast

I got a similar email when I emailed them. I will be SOOOOO excited when I can order pizza again! I hope their Chef is getting close to finishing his recipe!

here is the email I got today!! :D

Dear Elizabeth,

We are working on finding a great gluten free pizza. We absolutely know that their is a

need for one, but we want to make sure that any pizza that carries the UNO name is an

outstanding pizza.

Our Development Chef and his team are working on finding one and hopefully it will not be

too much longer. Please know that we are committed to giving our guests the very best

food and we hope to include a gluten free pizza one day soon.

Kacey Bogue

Senior Hospitality Representative

Mon-Fri 8:30-4:30 EST

modiddly16 Enthusiast

That is absolutely WONDEFUL news!!! Hearing a company that pretty much majored in gluten say that they absolutely know that there is a need for a gluten free pizza is an amazing thing. Thanks for sharing...now I must google search to find a UNO's in my area!!

ebrbetty Rising Star

I can't wait, I ate lunch there today

BigRog Rookie

WTG Uno's

grantschoep Contributor

Cool! CC is always an issue, but I really like hearing that companies are noticing us. For instance, about a month ago my wife and I were driving up to her parents(Ft. Collins, CO) and we saw this sign at a small private pizza rest. "Gluten Free Pizza" I about drove into the back of some other vehicle looking at the sign. On the way back home we stopped by and talked to the owner/chef. I was really surpised as he didn't know anyone celiac, but he had been asked about it many times. So he tried to come up with a crust. He mention he made a few mistakes at first, as we all know "the many names of wheat" But worked it out with a few locals. I had eaten earlier, but bought a crust he had left right then and there. Good stuff.

He also seemed truely concerned about CC. And said they try the hardest, but cannot gaurentee. I thought that was respectable too.

So anyways. If your ever around Longmont, CO, Its on the northern end of Longmont on Hover/95th. on the western side in a small mall. I cannot remember the name of the place. I don't get up there that much.

irish daveyboy Community Regular

Hi All,

You don't have to wait for a gluten free pizza base to be developed by Uno, it's already been done by yours truly.

If you guys haven't come across my previous posting of a link to it, and the most amazing

home made pizza sauce, here it is again.

Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

2 people that I know of have made the crust and PM'd me it was the best they have tried.

I, can say it's fantastic but they say... self praise is no praise,

so why don't you try it and see it's really easy to make!

Best Regards,

David

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

grantschoep Contributor

Yeah, I kind of misspoke before. I've made many a gluten-free pizza's, But, having someone make you one... bring it out to you. Is really cool

Archived