This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Need List Of Clear Liquids To Drink Before Colonoscopy/endoscope

Judyin Philly

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Hi Friends

I am gluten-free,df, (casein & lactose) soyf, & peanut/free .

I know I saw a list on here a while back and saved it but can't find it now.

They also said Popsicles were ok. What brand was that? Know it can't be anything that is red in color.

If anyone has a list to share, I'd be so very grateful if you can post it.

Trying today to get my list ready for the anesthesiologist with all the meds, drug allergies etc and this would sure me out.

I have the test on Tuesday and must start the liquids tomorrow.

Thanks in advance.

Judy in Philly

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Lisa Mentor

Judy, I don't recall the thread. I should think that any clear liquids would be fine.

jerseyangel Proficient

Judy,

I think any clear, non-red colored liquid would be fine.

I had chicken broth (Pacific Free Range Organic is gluten-free and soy free), apple juice, and jello. Since I had to start the jug of GoLightly <_< in the late afternoon, I didn't really have time to drink too much.

How about Ginger Ale and 7-UP :D

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

THANKS FRIENDS :rolleyes:

You know, I've given up sodas...course for this event I sure can use them but for the UI was to give them up. Then I had a few glasses of coke and noticed a big connection with the soda and UI.

Hummmmmmmmmm.

Do you know the Popsicle's that are ok?

saw a list on the chocolate chip thread that listed stuff

going to print Pattis now.

Thanks again.

Wish i could find that thread... :ph34r: or maybe it was just brain fog :lol:

Always have to laugh at the GO LIGHTLY ..how about ..GO HEAVY :lol:

Seems these docs use 1/2 GO LIGHTLY with some pills

Have to go and read up on it. Frankly, have been putting out of my mind but the days fast approaching. :o

jerseyangel Proficient

Judy--

The brand name "Popsicle" products will list any gluten, so I'd stick with those. ;)

Just no cherry ones :lol: Save those for when you get home from the test! :P

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Thanks Patti.

Your always there for us.

Have to get off and start more cleaning of the living room .... :lol: If you know what i mean?

hugs

Judy

jerseyangel Proficient
Have to get off and start more cleaning of the living room .... :lol: If you know what i mean?

hugs

Judy

Yep :D Don't work too hard! B)

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

barbara123 Apprentice
Hi Friends

They also said Popsicles were ok. What brand was that? Know it can't be anything that is red in color.

Trying today to get my list ready for the anesthesiologist with all the meds, drug allergies etc and this would sure me out.

Thanks in advance.

Judy in Philly

I had one last month, they said anything you can drink that you can see thru= EXCEPT RED COLORING I was real upset with tummy and was not able to drink all of the go-lightly that they had me take 6 hrs before the procedure. I kept vomiting it up but I guess it worked anyways. Good luck, don't be afraid the procedure itself, it is a breeze. I know I was anxious, but you probably wotnt remember anything when you wake up.

barbara123 Apprentice
Hi Friends

Thanks in advance.

Judy in Philly

I had one last month, they said anything you can drink that you can see thru= EXCEPT RED COLORING I was real upset with tummy and was not able to drink all of the go-lightly that they had me take 6 hrs before the procedure. I kept vomiting it up but I guess it worked anyways. Good luck, don't be afraid the procedure itself, it is a breeze. I know I was anxious, but you probably wotnt remember anything when you wake up.

DingoGirl Enthusiast

OH! Judy! is tomorrow the day?

I put my Phosphsoda in Welch's white grape juice.....and I must tell you, I can never, EVER, drink that grape juice again......I think I would barf. :huh: Because the stuff you put in it makes it taste SO terrible. So that particular beverage is reserved only for colonoscopies now. :lol:

Judyin Philly Enthusiast

Thanks so much for all your info

Susie Q...I'll keep that in mind :lol:

Tim-n-VA Contributor

This is one case where I'd think a call to facility doing the procedure would be the preferred answer.

Judyin Philly Enthusiast
This is one case where I'd think a call to facility doing the procedure would be the preferred answer.

TIM

THANKS..I FINALLY FOUND THE LIST FROM THE DR'S OFFICE.

GOOD ADVICE.

I WAS REALLY WONDERING ABOUT THE gluten-free BROTHS BUT PATTI ANSWERED IT FOR ME.

YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST.

HUGS

JUDY

dlp252 Apprentice

Judy, I'll be thinking of you tomorrow!!! Hoping you have a nice not too hopping day today, lol!

Archived