Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annie76

Redmond Washington

Hello all, I am heading to the seattle area (redmond) to see a good friend. Is there anyone around here from that area who can reccomend some spots for me to eat? I know I can look online, but its nice to have an honest opinion from someone who's been to the place.....thanks to all...Julie

Hi, I just went there for a business trip. There is a PF Changs nearby. Outback, Bone Fish, but I didn't make it to those :(

There is an area called KirkLand. It is on a lake. Nice walking, shopping, eating area. Third Floor Fish Cafe knew all about Celiacs. And there is another restaurant next to it on the water that was really great too. They also knew about Celiacs.

I tend to do better at the upscale restaurants when traveling. Have fun. It is a beautiful area!

There are many celiac friendly Seattle area restaurants and grocery stores which offer gluten free foods. I know I posted a list of those restaurants on another thread. Do a search for Seattle restaurants on this board or PM me for my phone number. You can call me when you arrive and I'll recommend some restaurants in areas you plan to stay or visit.

BURDEE

Oh, that so good to know! I actually used to live up there, when I was pregnant with my youngest, way before celiac. I love it up there too. I keep hearing about the bonefish, and my buddy did a search on some pizza places around her also. Since I practically live at the outback, and PF Changs isn't my fav, I think I'm going to pork out on pizza!!! Even before celiac I never ate like that anyways, but now that I CAN'T its so much more tempting! lol!!! :P

if you do a search for seattle in the forum, you'll find a lot of stuff on the forum for the area.

most of the good stuff is in the city itself, but there's whole foods or pcc around (grocery stores), and some restaurants all over the east side. (I think there's a thai ginger in redmond too... one of my favorite places. :) )

Go to Da Vinci's bakery. Its all gluten free! The owner is a bit weird, but her food is delightful! She makes the best gluten free deep dish pepperoni pizza and challah bread!

www.wheatlessinseattle.com

Will do, I'll probably stock up for when I come home. My town has NOTHING even remotely like that. :rolleyes: At this point the owner could chase me with a rolling pin and I'd still go in!!! ;)

I live in the Seattle area and can tell you that there is a PF Changs in Bellevue(right across the water from Seattle) and Westlake. If you are in a hurry and like Mexican food, Taco Del Mar has some gluten free menue items. They are allover. Whole foods is in Bellevue,Trader Joes is in Seattle, and believe it or not Fred Myers, a local all purpose store kinda like Wal-Mart, has a decent gluten-free section where you can find staples. I hope this helps and enjoy your time here.

Warning about Lombardi's.

Lombardi's Italian restaurant in Ballard advertises a gluten-free menu and in fact will hand you a menu if you ask for one. However, when I was there no gluten-free options were actually available. I had been there a few times before diagnosis and really liked it. Our server was nice and apologetic about it and even said that she'd talk to the manager about it. They did offer me mashed potatoes instead of the polenta or risotto that is advertised but I'm not to the point that I can handle dairy, so that really wasn't an option for me. I ended up embarrassed and left with my tail between my legs.