Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

F.deSales

Gluten-free Amaretto Sour?

Hi. I am new to all this. I recently had an amaretto sour and I had a reaction. I am trying to figure out if it was the liquor or the sour mix. This is the only drink that I really want to keep in my gluten free diet. Do any of you know if there is a gluten-free amaretto sour mix? Thanks.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I have made amaretto sours in the past without issue. I use DiSarrano (sp?). I contacted the company a couple of years ago and was told that the amaretto was gluten-free. I wish I could remember the sour mix I use. I recently contacted Freshies mixers and their sweet n sour mix is gluten-free.

It is possible that the drink was gluten-free but that you are still in the healing process. It took me over 6 months (not typical) being gluten-free before I felt better.

Hez

I have made amaretto sours in the past without issue. I use DiSarrano (sp?). I contacted the company a couple of years ago and was told that the amaretto was gluten-free. I wish I could remember the sour mix I use. I recently contacted Freshies mixers and their sweet n sour mix is gluten-free.

It is possible that the drink was gluten-free but that you are still in the healing process. It took me over 6 months (not typical) being gluten-free before I felt better.

Hez

Thank you for responding. I had no clue that this would be so hard. I am already soy, egg, dairy, sulfite, MSG free. You would think that this would be easy for me. I have lost 20lbs just in the past two months. I did not realize how long it took to heal. I take for ever to heal too. :unsure:

F.deSales

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

The biopsy would need to come from your small intestine. That's where the damage is done from celiac. But you need to be on a gluten diet for the tests to be accurate. How long have you been on the PPIs? My hubby had severe acid reflux issues ...
    The doctor did 8 biopsy from the top of my throat to the bottom of my stomach....he thought I had H-Hyploi..but I did not. I am beginning to think they are missing my issues. He gave me some pump inhibitors, that's it. I have an appt. with...
    Your doctor would run a blood tests (ask for full celiac panel) and then confirm with endoscopy and biopsy celiac doesn't always show up on endoscopy and sometimes the biopsy is what confirms.