Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Momof2cuties

We Need A Pedi Gi In Or Around Omaha, Ne

If anyone has any recommendations for a pedi GI in or around Omaha, Nebraska I'd be so thankful! We saw a new doc in town yesterday and he was AWEFUL! I figured if he was at Children's Hopsital he'd have to at least be willing to listen, but boy was I wrong.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm in Denver and we saw the GI docs at Children's here and *loved* them. We actually worked with a physician's assistant, Stephanie Petersburg. She was extremely thorough and left no door unopened while we were diagnosing DD. Also, the dietitian (can't remember her name) is an expert in Celiacs and often speaks to the Denver Celiac support group.

If anyone has any recommendations for a pedi GI in or around Omaha, Nebraska I'd be so thankful! We saw a new doc in town yesterday and he was AWEFUL! I figured if he was at Children's Hopsital he'd have to at least be willing to listen, but boy was I wrong.

Stephanie,

Here is a link to the Celiac Sprue Association, which is headquartered in Omaha: http://www.csaceliacs.org

It appears that they are affiliated with the University of Nebraska Medical Center. They have a Dr. Frederick Pausiton (can't remember that I spelled it right) on their Medical Advisory Board, from the University. I would think his office would be the place to start.

Good luck.

Sue

Did you see Dr. Attard? I've heard great things about him. Who did you end up seeing? We've seen Prestridge (yuck), Zapata (doable, but not the best), and Antonson (very stuck on himself and MSPI). There aren't many good options for ped GIs.

I just moved from there and would also recommend Dr. Attard. I didn't see him myself but have heard nothing but wonderful things about him with relation to children with MSPI. I also saw Prestredge and would have to say "stay away" b/c she doesn't listen to her patients.

Hey, the peach, is that you Jennifer? :)

Julie

I'm guessing you have found someone by now but we saw Dr. Kunnath at Children's Hospital and he is WONDERFUL! He is relatively new (and young) but came highly recommended by our pediatrician who was a colleague of his. He was great. He diagnosed our daughter (3 years old) and his staff has been excelent. I would highly recommend. Hope this helps!

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):
    Celiac.com Sponsor (A17):

Celiac.com Sponsors (A17):

• Forum Discussions

Chances are if you have lumps on your body for years and the Dr. isn't concerned they're probably not lymph nodes. Chronically swollen lymph nodes would be something every Dr. would be concerned with.  Chances are you just have cysts ...
    It's different  for everyone, it can be a month or maybe a year. Most probably within a few months. This is assuming the symptoms are in fact related to gluten, which they may not be. 
    Hi Laura I'm so pleased you found answers.  This is very encouraging.  Seven years on from my own diagnosis I wish I could have some vitamin and mineral screening, I'm sure I'm still deficient. Cristiana