Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bakinghomesteader

King Arthur Flour Buttermilk Waffles

I always made the King Arthur Flour Buttermilk Waffles when I was not gluten free. I have not made waffles since then, until the other night. I decided to use the recipe and substitute the flour cup for cup for the gluten free mix. I used a homemade mix someone posted on here. 3 c rice flour, 2 c potato starch, and 1 c tapioca starch. They were exactly the same tast and texture!!! So good. They are nice and crispy on the outside and tender in the middle. I was so happy to say the least. My family loved them and could not tell any difference from my previous recipe.

So, today I am going to try my buttermilk cinnamon rolls with the substituted flour. This is my recipe before gluten free and it was published in our local newspaper. i love them and want to see if they turn out with gluten free flour mix. I will let ya know!

Bakinghomesteader

homeschooling mom to 12 yr old son

helpmeet to wonderful husband of 13 yrs

dx Myasthenia Gravis 1998

Official Celiac dx 6/2008

Gluten Free since 6/5/07 (with the exception of 6 weeks and any cc)

Positive Enterolab Result 8/23/07

Positive bloodwork 6/2/08 after eating gluten for 6 weeks

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Congratulations! B)

I'm still trying to make the perfect pancake (I'm not really a waffle person). I've tried several recipes, but I haven't hit on one that tastes like my pre-gluten-free pancakes did. I know it feels good to find that you've not got to sacrifice your favorite waffles being gluten-free!

Happy baking! -Jules

Loves of my life: God, my hubby, and my baby boy!

"I will never give up on my dreams; I will simply modify my path for reaching them." (JH-me).

"Life's a dance you learn as you go, sometimes you lead, sometimes you follow"

(John Michael Montgomery).

"I'm gonna be somebody, one of these days I'm gonna break these chains" (Travis Tritt).

"Life is better left to chance. I could have missed the pain, but I'd have had to miss the dance."

(Garth Brooks).