Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

newbieva

Labs Are Back; Waiting For The Doctor

I called the physician's office yesterday for my lab results and was told they were back and to all back this morning for the results. When I called this morning, I was told that they were in; however, they could not be released to me because the doctor had not signed off on them yet. She then preceeded to tell me that it cook take up until Friday to have the lab results signed. YUCK!!!!

Am I allowed to call the lab for results?

I am on pins and needles waiting for the lab results. Her comments this morning brought mixed feelings of relief (I can continue to eat some things!) and dread that I have to wait that much longer to find out what the deal is. I am sure that most of you who have had blood work done have gone through the same thing! I want to call her back today before she leaves; however she said she doubted they would be signed today. Is this because he is too busy? Is it because the results came back goofy? All of the questions are running through my mind....

Anyway....just venting with others that can relate helps!!!!! Any suggestions??

Guest j_mommy

I would continously call you Dr until she/he returns your call to tell you the results. I never leave messages at teh reception desk...I ask to talk to triage and have one of the nurses get a message to your DR. You have a right to know and not wait 3 days for the results!

I would continously call you Dr until she/he returns your call to tell you the results.

I agree. You completely have the right to be a pain in the neck when it comes to your health and the doctors have the responsibility to give you that information in a timely manner. I would continue calling as soon as the center opens every day to see if you can get an answer. My GI and GP do paperwork at lunch time and after hours, which means that by you calling in the morning you can see if they looked at it yesterday and have them leave the doctor a message to look at it today.

Thank you!!! I would definately plant myself at the office; however, I am currently out of state. I, too, think it is unacceptable to wait three days!! Hopefully, I can find something out tomorrow when they open!

if the doctor has interpreted the results and seen them, you should be able to get them without a holdup. i like the planting yourself in the office idea lol even though it may be impractical