Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

radgirl

Mission Corn Chips

The Mission chips that I buy have "gluten free" right on the label, so they must be pretty safe! I eat them all the time and haven't had a problem. Their corn tortillas are gluten-free also, and the salsa flavor chips are gluten-free and yummy. Costco carries a huge bag of Mission chips, for dirt cheap!

The bags I buy now no longer state gluten-free. I e-mailed the company about it. They have not changed a thing, just took away the gluten-free label. Their reason is that the governement (US) will be defining what is gluten-free in the near future. They are waiting to see what comes of that before they label gluten-free. I eat the chips and have never had a problem.

Hez

They removed the label here too, and then a month later they re-added it. I called them. I saw a post on here earlier about this. Basically, there was some legal banter going on about what it meant to label things gluten free so they took it off for a bit.

Mission chips are gluten free, and not cooked in oil with non gluten-free. But have the the typical statement "they are produced in a facility...."

I eat them all the time. Never had a problem.

The bags I buy now no longer state gluten-free. I e-mailed the company about it. They have not changed a thing, just took away the gluten-free label.

That is great news! I noticed the bags no longer said gluten-free, so I have been avoiding them. Thanks Hez, for the info.