This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Pittsburgh Area (and Elsewhere...)

aquamarine-queen

aquamarine-queen Rookie

Very encouraging :)

Open Original Shared Link

A.Q.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

kalikohl Rookie

awesome thanks for the info!

zansu Rookie

yeah, this article said "wheat and other grains". The companion article about Gluutteny (gluten-free, CF bakery coming in August :D ) was written by a different reporter and treated it like wheat was the only culprit :angry: .

I haven't been over to galleria to try that pizza at Bravo yet, but I will soon.

mamaw Community Regular

We are going this weekend to try the Bravo's pizza in MT. Lebanon. Anyone have directions from north of the city?

mamaw

Fiddle-Faddle Community Regular

I think it's at the Galleria mall, right?

I've never been to the Bravo's there, but I've been to the Galleria.

Take 279 S to the Ft. Pitt tunnel, go through the tunnel, and exit at Banksville road.

Stay on Banksville until you hit Cochran Road (a T-intersection).

Turn Left on Cochran

Keep going straight on Cochran; at some point, it will merge with Washington, which I think is also the yellow belt. Go another couple of miles (sorry I can't be more specific), and the Galleria will be at the bottom of a hill on your right hand side.

You can also try googling "Bravo Galleria," and then plugging the address into Rand McNally driving directions (usually more accurate than Mapquest).

jesse Newbie

very nice....

thanx for posting this info very much...

peace,

jdog

mamaw Community Regular

I just wanted to post on our dining gluten-free at Bravo's Mt. Lebanon Pa site.

First off , I was udderly amazed that as soon as we arrived & I asked if they had a gluten-free menu , the hostess immediately said yes, & handed me a full- size menu front & back with gluten-free items. I had todo no explaining or asking oe give any info regarding gluten-free, they already knew the drill... I stated I was impressed & she said oh, that is a very popular request ....

We were sitted quickly & our server came in a few minutes. She also acknowleged the gluten-free menu I was drooling over. I went there for the pizza but I seen several other sI wanted to try out also... I ended up settling for my pizza ( scilian).. for $under ten bucks I got a nice size pizza & a meg-lrg salad of my choice.... I had the works on my pizza....The server spoke to us a tad about gluten-free & said the manager is very much into the total gluten-free menu. No, she is not celiac but has developed a keen , open mind to the way we must eat. She is very careful about CC , in fact that was one of her greatest concerns to make it so no one would get ill from that. She had help & I think lots of it from our Dear Mary who knows just about all there is or will ever be known about celiacs. The managers name is Janet S. & I'll tell you I felt like I was in the hands of an angel & my fears of anything going wrong just went out the window. Janet has become so enlightened about celiacs I think she knows more than some celiacs. She wants to know it all....

now to get to my dinner. The pizza toppings were wonderful bu tat the present time they ar eusing crusts from Kinnickinnick. I never had their crust & I thought it was more like a biscuit type crust with way to much sweetner. I don't care for sweet pizza. I also mentioned that to me I loved the toppings, disliked the crust. I prefer to have a more italian type pull apart bread than a biscuit type crust. You know a regular type pizza shell. She agreed it was sweet. But she also said Bravo wants to take this national after she gets the right products for the job. I had to say please don't keep that crust it ruined the toppings for me. She asked that I get her to have some others to send some shells that could be served & they would find a correct crust. In other words this will not go national until she finds the best of the best...I have been e-mailing bakers who I know have good crusts asking them to submit to sending shells. Hopefuly this will make a baker some big bucks for a job well done.

For those of you who live in the "burgh" Lori K has a pizza crust in her cookbook that is VERY GOOD But I don't know if she is up to going national.

If any of you happen to want to reccommend a baker or a companies crust please let me know & I''ll contact them. I like Foods by George crusts for home baking but I have had better.

Overall the experience was one of the very best I've ever had. I will go back soon to try the other foods I wanted to try . This truly rocks...

Be sure to get out there to try the menu & Thank Janet for a wonderful job....

mamaw

Fiddle faddle: thanks for the directions, they got us there without getting lost!!!! We don't travel to that end of the "burgh" much.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Archived