Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glu free

Travel Restrictions With Travel To China & Thailand

I am traveling to China (Shanghai) and Thailand (Bangkok) for buisness and with the new travel restrictions, I'm limited to the food I can bring abroad with me. Does anyone know if I can bring dried foods, peanut butter and jelly with me through customs? Are there strict restrictions?

I've seen some posts on this, perhaps try in the International section of the forum. I am in China, but don't travel back and forth frequently so haven't had the issue yet of carrying food. I carry my food by air within China, and haven't had any problems.

You may be able to have a doctor's letter with you. Check with your airline carrier. Also I think the restrictions for customs are specific things that can carry disease. So cooked and processed things may be fine.

There is a bakery in Shanghai that advertises gluten free breads. I posted the link in the international section.

You can't carryon peanut butter or jelly in a jar or bottle or anything else because its a "cream" or a "gel" , I got mine taken, but you can have it in a form of a sandwhich...You can more than likely pack it in your bag but a Dr.'s note might help. Or contacting the airline directly..

gluten-free eating in BKK is very easy! Most of their food is naturally gluten free. Their soy sauce does not contain wheat and they have plenty of dishes with rice noodles and without soy sauce. Curries are a really safe bet. Plenty of cheap fruits also. Be confident and save your gluten-free food for China. Don't worry about Thailand its a very gluten-free friendly travel destination!