Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Doll

Marshmallows, Candy, Powdered Donuts, Mini Hamburgers, Etc.

Guest Doll

I've started to plan for my wedding menu (yay!), and I need a little help! OK, a lot of help! :) The hotel takes care of the buffet menu, but I need help with the extras.

We're having a candy bar, coffee/cappuccino bar, and I would *like* to serve mini hamburgers at midnight. Both sides of our families have the "hollow leg syndrome"...hehe.....

Can anyone help me in the following areas?

-gluten-free marshmallows....Large size, pink and white.

-Mini frozen hamburgers and/or mini buns. I doubt any gluten-free company makes these premade, but it's worth a shot!

-gluten-free candy, candycanes.

-gluten-free flavored coffees, teas, etc.

-Premade gluten-free powdered mini donuts (I should give my head a shake...right?) :P

-gluten-free/Cf Chocolate for the chocolate fountain (Believe or not, my guy is the one who wanted the fountain.... :rolleyes: )

Thanks for any help you can give me! :D

P.S. It would be great if anyone knows of things that are both Gluten-free Casein-free. I was going to cheat on casein on the big day, but now I react like an allergy (trouble breathing, etc.). :angry: I don't have an appt. with an allergist until Aug. 13th, so I'm not sure yet if I'll need to avoid casein like the plague, or if I can just use allergy meds.

Ener-G makes donut holes. I don't know how they taste since they have eggs in them and I'm allergicl

http://www.ener-g.com/

Enjoy Life chocolate chips are dairy free and gluten free, but I don't know if they would work in a chocolate fountain or not. I'm not really sure how they work.

----snip----

Can anyone help me in the following areas?

-gluten-free marshmallows....Large size, pink and white.

-Mini frozen hamburgers and/or mini buns. I doubt any gluten-free company makes these premade, but it's worth a shot!

---snip---

-Premade gluten-free powdered mini donuts (I should give my head a shake...right?) :P

----snip----

gluten-free marshmallows -- Whole Foods sells vanilla and strawberry marshmallows in plastic tubs that are gluten-free.

Mini-buns -- Chebe bread wouldn't be dry if left out on a buffet and can be formed into small buns. Let me know if you need more info on prep. (fat free cream cheese makes a white bread type roll, parmesan makes a deli cheese type roll) or if you can find a supplier of frozen gluten-free dinner rolls or frozen Chebe rolls? I don't know how well most gluten-free products will survive sittng out on a buffet table.

gluten-free Powdered sugar mini-donuts -- I've never seen such but I've made powdered sugar donut holes from Chebe dough (baked, not fried). Let me know if you want the recipe but these have to have the sugar put on within a few hours of serving or it vanishes (unfortunately, I'm fairly sure the calories stay around)

Tons and tons of candy is gluten free. To name a few: Almond Joy, Baby Ruth, M&M's (plain or peanut), Jelly Belly Jelly Beans, Mounds, 3 Musketeers, Reese's Pieces, Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, Tootsie Rolls, Sweet Tarts, Hershey's kisses, hershey bars, york peppermint patties.

There is definatey more, but this is just off the top of my head.

For the donuts, definately order from Celiac Specialties. Their donuts (and munchkin size donuts) are the absolute best!

http://www.celiacspecialtiesshop.com/

For tea, I forget which brand it is, either Celestial Seasonings or Bigelow, but one of them labels gluten free right on the box. Usually near the ingredients. I'm not a coffee drinker, but I don't think I've heard of any coffee having gluten.

Jett Puff marshmellows are gluten free. (made by Kraft). You can find them in any supermarket.

When is your wedding?!!

Guest Doll

Thanks everyone! The wedding is Dec. 21, and the countdown is on!!! Yikes! I really was feeling discouraged and appreciated all the info. I absoutely refuse to not be able to eat like "everyone else" at my own wedding! :D Something tells me this will be harder than I thought though... :P

Karen B, I have never made or eaten Chebe bread, but more info on that would be nice!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Guest j_mommy

Not sure if this is what you're looking for but....

Marshmellow cake...super easy.

This makes an 8x8 pan

8-10 oz Mini Marshmellows

1/2 stick of butter

1/4 C veg oil

8 oz of m&m's

1 bag of unflavored popcorn popped

1. pop pocorn,take out old maids and set aside in lg bowl

2. melt butter and oil in med sauce pan

3 add marshmellows to butter mixture, stir until melted

4 add mixture to popcorn mix well

5 add m&m's and mix well

6 press into greased pan

ENJOY!!!!

Thanks everyone! The wedding is Dec. 21, and the countdown is on!!! Yikes! I really was feeling discouraged and appreciated all the info. I absoutely refuse to not be able to eat like "everyone else" at my own wedding! :D Something tells me this will be harder than I thought though... :P

Karen B, I have never made or eaten Chebe bread, but more info on that would be nice!

Thanks again!

Cheers!

Check out this earlier conversation. I posted several Chebe recipes in a string here.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...st&p=307957

You can get a wide variety of effects just by changing up the cheese. I found out using fat-free cream cheese (the fat-free has xanthan gum) makes a white bread type dough. Parmesan makes a Schlotsky's type bread. Forget the cheese (as I did one time) and it makes a biscuit/scone type of item. I enjoy playing around with it just to see what I can do with it.

I use parchment paper when I bake anything. I also make it with 6 oz. of parmesan and add the baking powder mentioned on the red package, do everything else according to package directions and divide it into 4 balls and press in my tortilla press for mini-pizza crusts. Cook them as directed on the package and freeze for pizza later. Or put the dough ball in a quart ziploc sprayed inside with butter PAM, pat out to an even thickness (s/b about 3/4 inch to 1 inch), cut the bag away (on the seams) and use a pizza cutter to zip it into 20 pieces. 3 or 4 of these makes great lunch mini sandwiches. I take 4 because my co-workers always ask for a taste.

It's a very versitile dough. Just remember to wrap it in a cotton tea towel and let it air for 12-24 hours before you put it in an airtight container or in the fridge. Unlike rice flour products that dry out easily, Chebe has to have a chance to dry out or it goes gummy.

Check out this earlier conversation. I posted several Chebe recipes in a string here.

http://www.glutenfreeforum.com/index.php?s...st&p=307957

You can get a wide variety of effects just by changing up the cheese. I found out using fat-free cream cheese (the fat-free has xanthan gum) makes a white bread type dough. Parmesan makes a Schlotsky's type bread. Forget the cheese (as I did one time) and it makes a biscuit/scone type of item. I enjoy playing around with it just to see what I can do with it.

I use parchment paper when I bake anything. I also make it with 6 oz. of parmesan and add the baking powder mentioned on the red package, do everything else according to package directions and divide it into 4 balls and press in my tortilla press for mini-pizza crusts. Cook them as directed on the package and freeze for pizza later. Or put the dough ball in a quart ziploc sprayed inside with butter PAM, pat out to an even thickness (s/b about 3/4 inch to 1 inch), cut the bag away (on the seams) and use a pizza cutter to zip it into 20 pieces. 3 or 4 of these makes great lunch mini sandwiches. I take 4 because my co-workers always ask for a taste.

It's a very versitile dough. Just remember to wrap it in a cotton tea towel and let it air for 12-24 hours before you put it in an airtight container or in the fridge. Unlike rice flour products that dry out easily, Chebe has to have a chance to dry out or it goes gummy.

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for that link to the recipes! I love you! :lol: I have been wanting a buttery roll, but due to my yeast overgrowth, doughnuts, rolls, and many other things seemed out of the question. Now there is hope! :lol: I am so excited!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl