Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ursa Major

Just Checking In

Guten Tag, liebe Freunde!

Okay, I haven't entirely forgotten my English yet. :huh:

I flew to Germany with Air Transat (a Canadian Charter airline out of Montreal) from Toronto to Hamburg, Germany, on a direct flight. The first flight home without having to transfer somewhere, which was a treat.

Air Transat offers gluten-free food on their flights. Of course, you have to let them know well ahead of time. Their gluten-free food looked tons better than their regular fare, especially the breakfast! For the first time I was glad to have celiac disease. B)

I found amazing food here, and know that I won't be able to get it when I go back to Canada. I am already sad about that.

They have a buckwheat bread that looks and tastes just like regular rye pumpernickel! I am in heaven. Also, I found Swedish Wasa crisp bread. Since it gives ingredients in Swedish, Danish, Dutch, German, Italien, Spanish, and French, but not in English, I don't expect that they export it to any English speaking countries. Rats. :(

So, while I am here, I can eat bread, but will have to give up bread again entirely when going back to Canada.

The best place to buy the pumpernickel bread is a chain called 'Budnikowski', because it is less expensive (and easier to find) than the health food stores, called 'Reformhaus'.

But the Reformhaus has a much greater selection of gluten-free foods, several shelves of it. I's amazing.

Okay, I have to go, my brother calls.

Will be back soon.

Yea for great gluten-free bread!!! It does my heart good to hear that you're enjoying yourself and eating so well.

Take care, Ursa, and thanks for checking in :)

PS--You are missed here ;)

Guten Tag Freund!

Hast du bin?

Hi Ursa,

nice to see you again, I took a few years of german in Highschool and I still speak to my german teacher using german all the time. Enjoy your trip!

Thanks for checking in Ursa!

I'm so glad to hear you are having a wonderful time. Much needed. Maybe you could bring some bread back home. :unsure:

Na, Ursa, wie geht's? Ich war lange nicht mehr hier im Forum...

Now I just checked back into this forum yesterday and today and what do I read? Ursa is in Germany! Cool, I might go back at the end of August, beginning of September, but I'm not sure about that yet. Did you find glutenfree "Kaiserbroetchen" over there? Because I can't ask my mom that, she's absolutely lost, so I thought, I ask an insider... Oh, btw, I'm sending myself food packages sometimes, when I find a nice bargain over there. Have fun, while you're there!

Hi Ursa - I'm glad you're having a good time! You deserve it! :rolleyes:

By the way, Pauliina's right. Who needs clothes? You can always buy more when you get home.

Cindy