Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dandelionmom

Anyone Speak German?

We have a distant cousin from Germany coming to stay with us for a month. I'd like to be able to email her to explain Celiac and Gluten-free to her before she comes. She does speak some English but I really want to make sure she understands so I was hoping someone might have some suggestions or might know the right German words to use.

We have a distant cousin from Germany coming to stay with us for a month. I'd like to be able to email her to explain Celiac and Gluten-free to her before she comes. She does speak some English but I really want to make sure she understands so I was hoping someone might have some suggestions or might know the right German words to use.

Hi,

First of all, your babies are just beautiful. Aren't kids a joy? My one and only baby is 18 and leaving for college in a month. Poor mom is very sad to see him go. :(

As for the German, I don't speak it, but I checked around the forum and found something that might be of help. Go to the heading that says, "Gluten-Free International Room (Outside USA)." Once you're there, go to page 5, post 5, and there are posts from some people who speak German.

Good luck.

Brenda

UrsaMajor is German, but currently on holiday in Germany. I am sure that she will assist you in any way and even write the letter for you or find some source information that can be passed on.

She checks in from time to time. PM her and see if she can help.

Here is a link to the German celiac disease forum I am a member in: [url=http://www.zoeliakie-treff.de/zoeliakie/forums.html]Z

Yes, I'm german, just pm me, whatever you want me to translate for you and I'll send it back to you as soon as I can.