Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SofiEmiMom

Michigan Celiac Kids Picnic Party

Hello! My name is Kimberly and I am the coordinator for the new Michigan Chapter of R.O.C.K (Raising Our Celiac Kids). I have put together a really fun day for children on a gluten-free diet and hope to see as many smiling faces as possible come out and have fun and make new friends. Here are the details:

Raising Our Celiac Kids

Invites you to attend a Gluten-Free

potluck picnic party for kids!

Bring the entire family!

We'll have lunch, sample gluten free products, talk about the challenges and rewards we're facing, enjoy the lake view and have a great time together!

Please bring your own drinks and a gluten free dish to pass.

(and copies of the recipe, if possible)

Last names starting with: A-F = main course

G-S = 'side dish' or appetizer

T-Z = dessert

When: Saturday, September 8th (12:00-4:00)

Where: Brandenburg Park on Lake St. Clair

50000 Jefferson Avenue, Chesterfield

Please RSVP to kfanelli@mac.com

Hope to see you there! :D

In response to some questions I have received from those that do not live in eastern Michigan near the picnic location:

Brandenburg is a beautiful park right on Lake St. Clair. There is a lot of play equipment for the children. There is also a very nice pier that you can fish off of, so you are welcome to bring fishing gear. I rented the enclosed building, so if it rains...come anyway! The park is also located right down the road from Celiac Specialties - the 100% gluten free bakery. They are open until 1:00 on Saturdays...so that would also be a benefit of making the trip over if you are not in the immediate area. I would recommend looking at their website (celiacspecialties.com) and preoder all of your items so that you can be sure to get what you want. I'm excited for all of the children to meet and make new friends with others that are on the gluten-free diet. I am Celiac and so are my two daughters as well as my Dad and brother. We have been on the gluten-free diet for 4 years. Take care!

Kimberly

HI and Congrats for starting a new group. I am starting a Cel-Kids group here in Lansing, MI. If I were closer, I'd come over.

Nicole in Lansing

I hope to see a lot of families at our Celiac Kids Picnic Party!

I have some GREAT samples from some wondeful gluten-free companies, such as:

Glutino

Gillian's

Turtle Mountain

Amy's

Namaste Foods

Annie's

Allergy Grocer

Hope to see you on September 8th!