Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mountaineer Josh

Muscle/joint Pain After Possibly Being Glutenated

I was on the road this past weekend and at breakfast I had some "seasoned" home fries/potatoes. As the day went on yesterday, I began feeling fatigued and then by last night I had aches and pains all over. I thought I was getting a cold or some sort of summer flu. What was strange though was that I wasn't running a temperature which usually accompanies aches and pains. I was wondering if this was celiac related or something else. Any thoughts?

Positive Biopsy - February 2006

Positive Bloodwork - December 2005

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I get achy joints when I'm glutened sometimes, depending on the severity. I also get extremely fatigued. It's very possible it's due to gluten, especially if you're having other symptoms.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Josh-

that's one of my symptoms: about one day after eating gluten (even a tiny amount) I get joint & bone pain (among other symptoms). It does feel like you're coming down with a flu.

I hope you're better today. B)

Guest kivmom3
I was on the road this past weekend and at breakfast I had some "seasoned" home fries/potatoes. As the day went on yesterday, I began feeling fatigued and then by last night I had aches and pains all over. I thought I was getting a cold or some sort of summer flu. What was strange though was that I wasn't running a temperature which usually accompanies aches and pains. I was wondering if this was celiac related or something else. Any thoughts?

I'm new to this site but read your post and wanted you to know that i get muscle and joint pain when i eat gluten. that is usually how i know i've eaten it since within an hour or so i also have to go to the bathroom. The muscle and joint pain varies and sometimes will go away after a day, sometimes 2-3 days after. I've been on a gluten free diet for 4 weeks and must be ultra sensitive to everything so i've been eating bland as can be so when i do get the aches and headache/fatigue i wonder what did i eat? I've been reading other people's postings as well and have noticed a variety of times on how long it took people to get better and what they felt like.

Hang in there and maybe stay away from seasoned fries. :):D:D

I tend to get joint and bone pain after getting glutened. Specifically in my jaw and feet.

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

Yea for the first couple years gluten-free I would have severe pain when glutened. It would be one of the first signs in addition to my neuro stuff that would flare within hours of injestion. 5 years into the diet now and this is very rare. Even with a good glutening all the other stuff will appear but the joint pain is now just like a quick shock, there then gone. I think it is part of the antibody reaction as this changed the same as my DH reaction, both were once 'first signs' of a gluten reaction and severe now both are barely noticeable. I don't know if this will follow through for all but it did lessen in severity for me.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I always feel fatigued and achey whenever I eat gluten. It almost feels like the flu. :(

Nightshades - just an idea.

Nightshades are: Potato, tomato, peppers, eggplant. There is a known link (for some) that these cause arthritis and joint pain. Bob

Nightshades - just an idea.

Nightshades are: Potato, tomato, peppers, eggplant. There is a known link (for some) that these cause arthritis and joint pain. Bob

HI BOB, THATS INTERSTING, WHAT IS NIGHTSHADE. I HAVE BEEN GLUTEN FREE FOR 5 MONTHS, BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE SEVERE MUSCLE AND JOINTS PAINS, AND THE OCCASIONAL SPASMING OF MY INTESTINES...COULD THIS BE RELATED? JANET