Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mountaineer Josh

Muscle/joint Pain After Possibly Being Glutenated

I was on the road this past weekend and at breakfast I had some "seasoned" home fries/potatoes. As the day went on yesterday, I began feeling fatigued and then by last night I had aches and pains all over. I thought I was getting a cold or some sort of summer flu. What was strange though was that I wasn't running a temperature which usually accompanies aches and pains. I was wondering if this was celiac related or something else. Any thoughts?

I get achy joints when I'm glutened sometimes, depending on the severity. I also get extremely fatigued. It's very possible it's due to gluten, especially if you're having other symptoms.

Josh-

that's one of my symptoms: about one day after eating gluten (even a tiny amount) I get joint & bone pain (among other symptoms). It does feel like you're coming down with a flu.

I hope you're better today. B)

Guest kivmom3
I was on the road this past weekend and at breakfast I had some "seasoned" home fries/potatoes. As the day went on yesterday, I began feeling fatigued and then by last night I had aches and pains all over. I thought I was getting a cold or some sort of summer flu. What was strange though was that I wasn't running a temperature which usually accompanies aches and pains. I was wondering if this was celiac related or something else. Any thoughts?

I'm new to this site but read your post and wanted you to know that i get muscle and joint pain when i eat gluten. that is usually how i know i've eaten it since within an hour or so i also have to go to the bathroom. The muscle and joint pain varies and sometimes will go away after a day, sometimes 2-3 days after. I've been on a gluten free diet for 4 weeks and must be ultra sensitive to everything so i've been eating bland as can be so when i do get the aches and headache/fatigue i wonder what did i eat? I've been reading other people's postings as well and have noticed a variety of times on how long it took people to get better and what they felt like.

Hang in there and maybe stay away from seasoned fries. :):D:D

Yea for the first couple years gluten-free I would have severe pain when glutened. It would be one of the first signs in addition to my neuro stuff that would flare within hours of injestion. 5 years into the diet now and this is very rare. Even with a good glutening all the other stuff will appear but the joint pain is now just like a quick shock, there then gone. I think it is part of the antibody reaction as this changed the same as my DH reaction, both were once 'first signs' of a gluten reaction and severe now both are barely noticeable. I don't know if this will follow through for all but it did lessen in severity for me.

I always feel fatigued and achey whenever I eat gluten. It almost feels like the flu. :(

Nightshades - just an idea.

Nightshades are: Potato, tomato, peppers, eggplant. There is a known link (for some) that these cause arthritis and joint pain. Bob

Nightshades - just an idea.

Nightshades are: Potato, tomato, peppers, eggplant. There is a known link (for some) that these cause arthritis and joint pain. Bob

HI BOB, THATS INTERSTING, WHAT IS NIGHTSHADE. I HAVE BEEN GLUTEN FREE FOR 5 MONTHS, BUT I CAN'T FIGURE OUT THE SEVERE MUSCLE AND JOINTS PAINS, AND THE OCCASIONAL SPASMING OF MY INTESTINES...COULD THIS BE RELATED? JANET