This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Symptom Check

bloatedntexas

Janeti Apprentice

I have been gluten free for 5 months, with the occasional, oops I think I was glutened...How long does it take for the muscle and joint pain to go away? Every morning I wake up, I feel like I was run over. Also, how long does it take for your intestines to stop dancing around? I don't know how else to describe it. I guess maybe they are spasming, healing, I'm not sure whats going on. But does anyone know what thats all about? Thanks, Janet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Betty in Texas Newbie

I have had lots of these you all have talked about one time are another but my most common is

bloating really bad in the top of my stomacha

acid reflux

tightness in the chest

acessive sweating

Betty in Texas Newbie

I have had lot of these symptoms you all have talked about one time are another but my most common are

bloating really big

acid reflux

tightness in the chest

acessive sweating

Betty in Texas Newbie

I am sorry for the double post my comuter was doing something weird

JustMeInMD Rookie

I'm newly gluten-free (well, permanently anyway), but my lifelong symptoms (that went away after I did a gluten-free trial) are:

-Bloating

-Gas (especially at night)

-D and C (mostly in the a.m.)

-Horrible, gnawing hunger pain about 1 hour after eating

-nausea

-vomiting

-headache

-indigestion

-intermittent tingly fingers/toes

-spacey-ness

deesmith Apprentice
thanks angel! I wasn't sure... usually when I eat my stomach will get pretty big. Now I'm a skinny guy (6' and 170 lbs), but how do you tell if it's bloating or just because you ate a lot? I did a google search but it's too hard to even focus right now. If I don't feel rumbling or feel anything there really, can it still be bloating?

edit: Also, are there any Celiacs here that would say there main symptoms are C and brain fog by far?

Bloating- my mom had skinny pants and fat pants, depending on what she had eaten. Also, the best ways I can think of to describe it is a really bad beer gut (that seems to go away) or you look pregnant (you know, if you were a woman). My daughter asked me, before I knew anything about Celiac, why so many people in our family have a gut!

I would definatley say my main symptoms are C and brain fog. But also coupled with fatigue and really bad bone pain. But the C is awful! Sometimes I just want to stop eating all together because it's painful and I think I probably can't fit anymore in. I take Metamusil, but I think I need to increase it, especially when glutened. I can go days and days without going. Those are definately fat pant days!

And the brain fog.... it gets pretty bad. I think I'm a relatively smart person. But the other day I called my son and told him to pick me up after work. He said "Mom, you have your car today"!!!

:o

Luisa2552 Apprentice

Here are mine. Not sure if all celiac related 'cause I'm new to this

Bloating

Painful gas

Fecal leaking (gross I know, but I had to mention..)

brain fog

irritability

fatigue

itchy eyes

post nasal drip

I go for my upper gi biopsy on Friday. How long 'till you get results??

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Mickide Apprentice
Here are mine. Not sure if all celiac related 'cause I'm new to this

Bloating

Painful gas

Fecal leaking (gross I know, but I had to mention..)

brain fog

irritability

fatigue

itchy eyes

post nasal drip

I go for my upper gi biopsy on Friday. How long 'till you get results??

My biopsy was Monday and had the results yesterday, although there was no question on Monday after the biopsy. Goodluck with your biopsy!

This is such an interesting Topic. I thought my symptoms were just me and normal for me.

Brain Fog- yup have that, so I guess I am not just an airhead :lol: good to know.

Constipation

Bloatedness

Irritability- DH is glad to know this is a symptom and not my new personality :D

Weightloss- does that count as a symptom?

PeggyV Apprentice

1. Usually D

2. Next Bloating (looks like I am pregnant)

3. gas

4 c

5 joint pain (usually lower back)

6. sometimes mouth sores

7. sometimes what I think is DH - this usually happens if I accidently injest several times close together - mainly during traveling

8. fatigue

9. brain fog

Rick45 Rookie

Bright Light, Bright Light, Bright light, I didn't know it was from the poision. bad sinus headach, back to bed after a strong pot of coffee, sore bone and joints, Anger and all the rest, sores on my scalp?

7-cody Apprentice
Bloating- my mom had skinny pants and fat pants, depending on what she had eaten. Also, the best ways I can think of to describe it is a really bad beer gut (that seems to go away) or you look pregnant (you know, if you were a woman). My daughter asked me, before I knew anything about Celiac, why so many people in our family have a gut!

I would definatley say my main symptoms are C and brain fog. But also coupled with fatigue and really bad bone pain. But the C is awful! Sometimes I just want to stop eating all together because it's painful and I think I probably can't fit anymore in. I take Metamusil, but I think I need to increase it, especially when glutened. I can go days and days without going. Those are definately fat pant days!

And the brain fog.... it gets pretty bad. I think I'm a relatively smart person. But the other day I called my son and told him to pick me up after work. He said "Mom, you have your car today"!!!

:o

That's nothing! I forget to start up my car. Forget to grab something in the morning multiple days in a row. Often forget what I'm doing. Just pretty much feel like I can't use my brain at all.

Janeti Apprentice

Did anyone get symptoms that came and went, and never happened again?? At one point, I had a burning rash on my face, the Dr was baffled, and also for a couple of days in a row, I had a metallic taste in my mouth, and also, yuk, mouth sores too. Anyone know what that is? :unsure:

tmk Explorer

haven't been diagnosed yet (GI appt. next week), but these are my symptoms: chronic diarrhea for the last 18 years, nausea, gurgling stomach, bloating, occassional abdominal pain, urgency, gas, lightheaded & sweaty before BM, anemia, low WBC, chronic fatigue, joint pain, mouth sores, tingling in hands & feet, back pain, night sweats, cramping in legs, body jerks, increased appetite, moody. :blink:

zkat Apprentice

I have a pretty set course

1. Extreme fatigue-I just can't stay awake, even with starbucks or red bull

2. Swelling and water retention-about 10 lbs worth

3. Sinus type headache for 3 days

4. Constipation the first day

5. Day 2-5 Horrible toxic gas

6. Diarrhea and loose stools for about a week

7. Brain fog stays pretty constant for at least 3-4 days

8. Terrible cramps after I eat in my upper digestive track for about 2 week

Archived