Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sullystaub

Cherokee Park Ranch, Livermore Co

We just returned from a great week at the Cherokee Park Ranch in Livermore, CO (it's app. 2 hrs. north of Denver). I know this may not be the vacation for everyone, but if you're looking for a little advernture in the great outdoors this may be the place for you. This is the 1st vacation we've taken since our 7 yr. old DS was diagnosed last fall so we were a little nervous. I called the owner of the ranch (Christine Prince) back in Feb. to see if they could accomodate us & she assured us it would be no problem. I sent them a list ahead of time with all the gluten-free foods my DS likes including prep instructions. When we got there we were delighted to discover they had purchased just about everything on the list! Everyone from the chef to the kid's counselors to the waitresses knew about his special requirements & they couldn't have been more wonderful & conscientious. He never went hungry that's for sure. He always had a separate plate of food brought out just for him & special desserts at both lunch & dinner. I actually observed several other kids eyeing his desserts with envy. The only thing I would keep in mind is if you're travelling with a gluten-free child who is a picky eater be aware that all meals are served family style. There's not a separate kid's menu so they may or may not like what is served (my DS didn't always), but it will definitely be gluten free. They have a website if you want to check them out www.cherokeeparkranch.com . If you like horses, the great outdoors & wonderful hospitality this is the place for you. Tell them Devin sent you :D. Enjoy!