Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloatedntexas

Gas, Help

is there anything that helps with the embarrassing gas problem? i am sooooooooooo embarrassed, but nothing seems to work. Gas X for sure does nothing and neither has anything else. am i the only one with this problem that really cramps your social life? HELP! thanks.

The gas and bloating was one of the originally reasons I went to the doctor. It is absolutely terrible and embarassing. It would get so bad after dinner that I would watch tv in a different room than my fiance so that I could spare him. It is too painful to hold in. I have tried gas-x, malox, mylanta, digestive health, you name it and I've tried it. I can't find anything to help. It is much better now that I am gluten free. Dairy and gluten seemed to be the culprits for me.

If you are still having excessive gas while on gluten free diet that usually means you are still ingesting something that is an irritant. You need to do an elimination to discover the source.

Remember just because it says gluten free, does not mean it may not contain a small amount of gluten. I would eliminate all processed food for a couple of weeks and see if this helps.

If you haven't eliminated soy, milk, corn and sugars, you might want to eliminate them also.

If you are still having excessive gas while on gluten free diet that usually means you are still ingesting something that is an irritant. You need to do an elimination to discover the source.

I agree completely with this statement.

In doing an elimination diet, I found that legumes caused terrible, room-clearing excess gas. Not just beans, either--string beans, cashews, all of them.

Try keeping a simple food diary for a while--just jot down what you eat and drink and how you felt that day and that evening. A pattern should soon become apparent. :)

I agree completely with this statement.

In doing an elimination diet, I found that legumes caused terrible, room-clearing excess gas. Not just beans, either--string beans, cashews, all of them.

Try keeping a simple food diary for a while--just jot down what you eat and drink and how you felt that day and that evening. A pattern should soon become apparent. :)

I cannot digest beans eigher. Bob's redmill has a bread mix ( I think it was called hearty or whole grain) that I made the otherday. I was excited that it seemed healthier then eating white rice flour. I had to throw it all out because it not only caused gas but it was painful gas. It hurted all the while it took its time to travel through the colon. I know his mixes contain bean flours so I assume thats it.

Not worth it.

Gail

Can I go off-topic here? I tried to ask a question about Dermatitis Herpetiformis on the DH forum, but that was a number of days ago and no one has responded. I'd really like some advice, would anyone be willing to answer a few questions I have about it?