Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

• You've found your Celiac Tribe! Join our like-minded, private community and share your story, get encouragement and connect with others.

💬

• Sign In

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jewi0008

Soy Delicious Ice Cream

Ok, so this past weekend I had some Turtle Mountain's Soy Delicious Ice Cream: Vanilla. Ever since I've been having problems. All of my mouth problems, fatigue, gassy, ect. I thought it was gluten-free/WF? Does anyone know?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

It's supposed to be. It says right on the container that they test for gluten. I feed it to my son, and he does not have any problems. I would be interested to know others' experiences though. :huh:

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Ok, so this past weekend I had some Turtle Mountain's Soy Delicious Ice Cream: Vanilla. Ever since I've been having problems. All of my mouth problems, fatigue, gassy, ect. I thought it was gluten-free/WF? Does anyone know?

GFWF? Hmmmm the W is what?

[Edit - lol I bet the W is wheat isn't it? I'm not used to seeing that redundancy. D'oh!]

I had no gluten problems w/ Soy Delicious, but there was another issue for me w/ the vanilla.

Can't remember if it was annatto coloring, which troubles many celiacs, or just something w/ the vanilla extract's alcohol maybe?

Anyway, before going off sugars, my fav was Cherry Nirvana. Mmmmmmmm :P:)

Letting it thaw for a few minutes makes the mouth-feel and depth of flavor far better.

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07

When I eat the Soy Delicious chocolate or neopolitan, I sometimes have to pinch myself to see if I am in heaven or not....sigh... :P I've never had a problem with Soy Delicious. Also, if you have a Rita's chain near you, the mango sorbet is to die for. The staff where I live is so helpful. They told me I should go out and buy some gluten free cones so they could put the mango sorbet in them. Unfortunately, the cones were $10.00 a box at the health food store!!! I love cones and it's a great idea for gluten free kids because they shouldn't miss out, but for me, that's just a little too pricey!

I could be wrong, but I thought only some of the flavors of soy delicious ice cream are gluten free - I bought one that said it clearly on the label, so I've been reluctant to try the ones that don't.

I could be wrong, but I thought only some of the flavors of soy delicious ice cream are gluten free - I bought one that said it clearly on the label, so I've been reluctant to try the ones that don't.

They definitely do many flavors w/ gluten. At least 2 w/ cookies and one w/ brownies.

Their market is dairy-free.

We just get lucky that they're not ALL w/ gluten!!

>>>>>>> tom <<<<<<<

Celiac 1st diagnosed as a toddler, in the 60s. Docs then, between bloodletting & leech-tending, said "he'll grow out of it" & I was back on gluten & mostly fine for 30yrs.

Gluten-free since 12-03

Dairy-free since 10-04

Soy-free since 5-07