Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

elye

You Can't Do That On Television

"Daaaa' I heard that!" :lol:

Dear Elye,

ROTFLMAO! :lol::o:):P That would be a Barth quote, I believe? They would be talking about how dangerous the burgers were. He would come up from behind the counter and have his spatula. It was so funny! Then, the children would find out "who" was in the burgers shortly after!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Guest Doll
I've been curious about this for some time, and just realized that I now have the perfect resource to get responses from everywhere. Does anyone remember the fantastic (some bias here!) show "You Can't Do That on Television?" It began as a little comedy, much like Laugh-In, filmed here in Ottawa. It ran for ten seasons, and was picked up by Nickelodeon in the late eighties and I believe is still showing internationally through reruns. We got word during this time that it was suddenly noticed in Europe--England, France, and particularly Australia, where it apparently garnered something of a cult following amongst teens. Asia caught on, we heard, and I believe even parts of Russia. I've always wondered how far this little show from Ottawa really went. My dad was the token adult on the show, and played about a hundred different characters. Anyone laugh their heads off through the eighties and nineties at this great little production?

Holy crap! I used to watch this show on Y-TV with my grandpa when I was like 6! :) All I remember is buckets of green slime and millions of skits revolving around "you have to eat your lima beans". Hehe...thanks for the memories! Very cool about your dad!!!

Dear Doll,

The show was definitely a happy part of my young years, too! :) I remember one skit with Valerie (the mom). She completely embarrassed one of the boys. He had a friend over, and his mother made a cake. Valerie said it was to celebrate the anniversary of when he was potty trained. They began eating the cake. Then, she announced that under it was his potty from when he was a child! :o:P:lol: Parents can be embarrassing, but these kids seemed to have it worse than the rest of us!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Abby Hagyard was Valerie....a great comedy actress. Did you know that Ruth Buzzi (all you veteran Laugh-in fans) appeared on a season of shows? Now THERE was a funny lady.

Abby Hagyard was Valerie....a great comedy actress. Did you know that Ruth Buzzi (all you veteran Laugh-in fans) appeared on a season of shows? Now THERE was a funny lady.

Dear Elye,

Abby was great! Her characters were the perfect match to your dad's! They complemented each other so well! Ruth Buzzi was a favorite of mine on Laugh In! I loved that show! I wish they would put it back on, too!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

I remember going in to watch rehersals of the show, and when Ruth was here taping, she's have everybody in hysterics. There would often be many takes, just because of Ruth keeping everybody from their straight faces. I wonder what she is doing now...I never see her anymore. She's younger than my dad, but perhaps she could be old enough to be retired.

I remember going in to watch rehersals of the show, and when Ruth was here taping, she's have everybody in hysterics. There would often be many takes, just because of Ruth keeping everybody from their straight faces. I wonder what she is doing now...I never see her anymore. She's younger than my dad, but perhaps she could be old enough to be retired.

Dear Elye,

I do not know what she is doing lately, either. I did see her in an interview some time back. She is actually not homely like some of the characters she often played. I loved her on the Dean Martin Celebrity Roasts, too. I wish I could afford to buy those!

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Forum Discussions

I was pleased to learn recently that See's Candies has black and red licorice.  Not Twizzlers, but could do as a substitute?  https://www.sees.com/more-treats   See's chocolates are the best.  Everything on their website is gluten-free unles...
    For me, weight gain was proportional with the healing of the villi. I actually lost some weight when I first went gluten-free. From my understanding, that was just inflammation weight - water stored in tissues. As Fenrir was saying, in my...
    Hi All, Newly diagnosed yesterday. I was not surprised, as I was pretty sure I had celiac, but of course it doesn't end there. My biopsy report says "Findings are compatible with a malabsorption pattern of injury to include celiac sprue among...