Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest j_mommy

Found Something Out About Probiotics!

Guest j_mommy

Let me start by saying I'm very spoadic(sp?) about taking medications. When I 1st went gluten-free I bought a multi vit and probiotics. Took them for awhile and forgot about them.

I got cc'd 2x in teh last 3 weeks. THe first time I just let it work it's way through my system.

The second time about a week later, I got CC'd again and this time I started to take my probiotics. I was better with in 2 days...it took about a week to feel better with doing nothing!!!

So for me probiotics help when I get CC'd...which thankfully is not often!!!

What kind of probiotics are you taking?? They are all a bit different. I just ordered a new brand from my vitamin supply store - it is enteric coated and has 34 cfu's. I am currently taking one that needs to be refrigerated...but have to take one in the morning and one in the evening to be effective, but it is working.

Guest j_mommy

I take Mason brand, Acidophilus with Pectin

In each capsule is: 258 mg Calcium, 200 million colonies Acidophilus, 200 mg Citrus Cellulose Pectin.

Recommened dose is 2 capsules 2-4 times daily with meal and milk. I take 2 capsules daily.

thanks for sharing the information, the pharmacist told me to take mine on an empty stomach...don't know why, I guess I should have asked. SO I take one early in the morning, then one right before bed.

I found a site that is an information site for probiotics. It might be useful information for someone.

http://www.usprobiotics.org/

thanks for sharing the information, the pharmacist told me to take mine on an empty stomach...don't know why, I guess I should have asked. SO I take one early in the morning, then one right before bed.

I found a site that is an information site for probiotics. It might be useful information for someone.

http://www.usprobiotics.org/