Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shez30

Does Anyone Live In Or Near Port Angeles, Wa

I hope everyone is doing well today. I just moved here to Washington about a week ago, I'm in the Port Angeles area. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good gluten-free stores, I have not had good luck looking online and we don't have a phone book yet. :huh:

Thanks--Shez30

Welcome to Washington! Sunny Valley Wheat Free is a dedicated gluten-free place is in Maple Valley, WA. Quite a drive from Port Angeles, but they also offer some of their products (no perishables) for sale on-line. Their web address is www.sunnyvalleywheatfree.com.

I hope everyone is doing well today. I just moved here to Washington about a week ago, I'm in the Port Angeles area. I'm wondering if anyone knows of any good gluten-free stores, I have not had good luck looking online and we don't have a phone book yet. :huh:

Thanks--Shez30

I haven't been to Port Angeles in years, so I may not be much help. But here is a few suggestions. Fred Meyers tends to carry allot of gluten-free foods. If you request certain products most of the time they will get them in for you. Sometimes they may require you to buy the whole case, however.

Bremerton, (i know a bit of a drive) has a place that makes gluten-free pizza. Foley's Pizza 724 Lebo BLVD Bremerton, WA 360-373-7222. They recommend you call ahead to make sure they have gluten-free dough available that day.

Bain Bridge Island (about the same amount of driving time as Bremerton). Has a couple of places. Blackbird Bakery 210 Winslow Way E. 206-780-1322. and Mora ice creamery offers gluten-free ice cream cones. Located at 139 Madrone Ln 206-855-8822. Both places also recommend calling ahead to make sure they have it available.

Bain Bridge Island (about the same amount of driving time as Bremerton). Has a couple of places. Blackbird Bakery 210 Winslow Way E. 206-780-1322. and Mora ice creamery offers gluten-free ice cream cones. Located at 139 Madrone Ln 206-855-8822. Both places also recommend calling ahead to make sure they have it available.

I talked to someone that used to work at Blackbird and she said there is flour everywhere and they don't really pay attention to CC issues. I personally would never eat there (or get coffee).

I used to live in Port Townsend. There is some gluten free stuff at the co-op there. Does P.A. have a food co-op or natural foods store? I see on the web a "Good To Go" natural foods store, as well as "Country Air Natural Foods". I don't know if either is good, but often healthfood stores have stocks of gluten free stuff. They would also be likely to order things in for you.

Also, I think there is a support group:

Port Angeles - Resource:

P.O. Box 3201

Port Angeles, WA 98362-0342

Tel: (360) 417-0307

I got that off another page, so am unsure it is still the case.

Good luck. The peninsula is beautiful. Hopefully you'll get out to the coast and do some of those amazing day hikes with the huge rock sculptures on the beach.

Welcome to WAshington!

p.s. I live in Bellingham now, close to the Canadian border.

I talked to someone that used to work at Blackbird and she said there is flour everywhere and they don't really pay attention to CC issues. I personally would never eat there (or get coffee).

Yikes! good to know, thanks for the warning. I will steer clear of there if I ever make it out that way.

If you just take a day trip from Seattle, Town & Country Market is within walking distance and they have brown rice tortillas, almond crackers, frozen gluten-free breads, and the salad bar has all ingredients marked on the salads (including 'wheat' when soy sauce was used).

I got my Gluten-Free at Fred Meyer as well. I just moved back to Wa myself...

Check out Manna Mills in Mountlake terrace. They have a huge selection of gluten-free stuff. Stuff like dinner rolls tons of different types of mixes and even "oreos" (they taste like the real deal.