Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

7_cody

Always Gluten-free Eating Out?

I was thinking, if I ever get caught eating out would it be a good risk to just order romaine lettuce with chicken on it and oil and vinegar....

It probably wouldn't be that great, but at least I don't have to worry too much about gluten? Because wouldn't even the ranch sauce, ceasar sauce etc most likely have gluten?

the only way I can think of that having gluten is with CC or the chicken. maybe if I just make sure it's plain chicken without any seasoning?

DH is a chef, he often has people ask specific questions about seasonings/ marinades etc... May restaurants now have a Gluten free menu, which is basically just items on there current menu and how to order them gluten-free. Just ask the manager/ Chef, DH actually likes it and takes pride in when he can help someone with a very specific request. GL

DH is a chef, he often has people ask specific questions about seasonings/ marinades etc... May restaurants now have a Gluten free menu, which is basically just items on there current menu and how to order them gluten-free. Just ask the manager/ Chef, DH actually likes it and takes pride in when he can help someone with a very specific request. GL

what does DH mean? and also, a quick random question, what does dx mean? diagnosed?

what does DH mean? and also, a quick random question, what does dx mean? diagnosed?

Husband. DH= Darling husband, DD darling daughter, etc.. yes dx is diagnosis.. :D HTH (hope that helps) :D

Guest j_mommy

Be sure to tell your waiter you can't have Gluten...explain what that is.

Remember they may grill chicken on a grill that they just grilled a bun on...I ask them to do my stuff on a clean pan, instead of directly on the grill.

Also alot of resturants toss their salads in the same bowl.....so the bowl they tossed your salad in may have just had croutons in it!!

Eating out generally goes ok, if your clear about what you want. If I know I'm going somewhere during busy hours....I call ahead and ask questions in advance.

I've found that chicken isn't always a good thing. Of course we do have additional food allergies, but unless the restaurant cooks from scratch, the chicken may have stuff added to it that you don't want. Burger patties are usually a better bet, and most places have them. I know of one place that does pork chops from scratch. I like to dine there because they are familiar with our allergies and will make stuff specially for us.

Gotta go with dragonmom.......steak, baked potato and a salad works for me. Steak is usually cooked on a charcoal grill which self cleans from the heat and I carry my own salad dressing packed in individual packets so that if I am not happy with the salad dressing selection at the restaurant, then there is not problem there. If you are super sensitive, then also watch the sour cream for the baked potato too, could have gluten. Baked fish, or seafood is a good choice also. Barbara