Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LisaJ

Graham Crackers?

Does anyone know of a good substitute for graham crackers? I want to make a key lime pie with "graham cracker" crust.

Thanks!

Does anyone know of a good substitute for graham crackers? I want to make a key lime pie with "graham cracker" crust.

Thanks!

Knickknick makes gluten-free graham cracker crumbs. They smell just like the real thing. I used them to make Nanaimo bars.

You can do a nut crust! There are plenty of recipes online. I use pecans. I prefer to mix finely chopped pecans with Kinnikinnick gluten-free graham cracker crumbs, but you could also just use nuts. It was a wonderful flavor! :D I have used the crust with a lemon meringue pie and a cheese cake.

I use the graham crackers by the Grainless Baker as a crust when I make cheesecake. Everyone loves it. I made a cheesecake for Christmas to bring to my inlaws, and a week later his aunt was still raving about it.

I agree with the grainless baker's graham crumbs. But in the near future Joan's gluten-free great bakes is going to have graham crackers so my mind might waver a bit since I lover her stuff!!!!1

Also the digestive biscuits makes a good crust for cheesecakes.....

mamaw

The gluten-free grahams are hard for me to find--I always use crushed gluten-free cookies-whichever I think sounds good with the filling---BUT if you use Pamela's cookies, watch the butter you add, the cookies are already pretty oil dense so I find I don't have to add much at all!!