Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guhlia

Gluten Free "floam"

Thanks Angie, I wanted to purchase that for one of my mom's foster kids so we would have something new to play with next time I see them. I had looked into Floam and was not so sure. I am glad you posted this. Thanks :)

When I called Floam a few months ago I got the "what's gluten?" response. :blink: I had them read off the list of ingredients in Floam and the ingredients seemed to be gluten free. Floam consists of Styrofoam balls and chemicals that only an organic chemist would recognize. ;) I let my son play with Floam and he has not had any problems, although he has not played with it very many times. What ingredient contains gluten?

Regular floam is likely gluten free too, but the company won't confirm or deny its gluten status. Soooo... Apparently these guys will. Gluten free is right in the catalog's description. :) I would just prefer to support the company that knows what gluten is and will confirm their products' gluten status. That's all.

Regular floam is likely gluten free too, but the company won't confirm or deny its gluten status. Soooo... Apparently these guys will. Gluten free is right in the catalog's description. :) I would just prefer to support the company that knows what gluten is and will confirm their products' gluten status. That's all.

I see. I like to support those companies as well. I know there's a gluten free play dough as well, but I don't remember the name of the company. I think that I'm going to make my own play dough. Most recipes tell you to color it with Kool-aid, but I imagine it gets rubbed off on little hands, so I might leave that step out.

Colorations at www.discountschoolsupply.com is the gluten free play doh. I haven't tried it yet. I did try to make my own, but it was a horrible flop. I ended up having to throw it out. Good luck with yours. If yours turns out well, please pass on the recipe. My daughter is 3 and to date has never played with Play Doh.