Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mamabear

No Longer The Lone Ranger In My Family

Been a busy couple of weeks and have missed the Forum, but I wanted to share that my brother's daughter has just been diagnosed with celiac disease. All of my remaining first line relatives have been tested, including my brother, and they have all been negative. This just goes to show the unpredictability of this condition, genetically speaking! I would imagine had my Mother still been living, that she would have been positive. One of my 2 daughters tested negative, and the other hasn't chosen to be tested yet. At least I had a zillion references for my niece starting from Day 1......so maybe it won't be as hard a learning curve for her. Of course, I also directed her here!

In my family, three siblings can't be bothered. One is waiting for better health insurance coverage before she gets tested, has requested that the son in the military get tested, niece is waiting for better coverage. I believe that with the recent changes in ins. laws, that if covered by ins, and testing positive, they cannot be disallowed for coverage at a later date if continious coverage is kept. Both my children have been tested this week and we are waiting for the results. HOWEVER, did inform my Co. HR dept of Dx per manager's request. They were not very friendly and supportive. Makes me wonder what is down the road.

Susan