Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bjshad

How Long Back On Gluten For Blood Test?

Hi - I have a question. I have a 3-1/2 year old daughter with sensory processing dysfunction, leaky gut, and a positive Enterolabls stool test for IgA anti-gliadin antibodies. We've had her gluten free for several months now, and if she gets ahold of gluten, I don't really notice that much difference, other than stinky poops, but no other real issues that you'd think would go along with Celiac.

I would like to have her take some blood tests for Celiac. We are also going to have her tested for diabetes 1 and liver function tests as I understand either one can cause a positive IgA anti-gliadin test.

So, my question is how long does she need to be on gluten before we can have these tests done? She's been off gluten for about 3-4 months now, so not a super long amount of time, but I want to know for sure what we are dealing with here and I know she will need to be on gluten for the tests.

Also, because of her leaky gut and sensory issues, will using digestive enzymes to help her digest gluten interfere with blood tests? Does anyone know?

Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Beth

Guest j_mommy

There's another thread going on right now about the same thing. Some say 2 weeks to a month, some say longer than that.

Her body has definetly begun to repair itself if she's been off gluten for that long.