Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

andrew_70

Bodybuilding: Gluten Free Micronized Creatine? Please Help!

So I've been weight lifting for about two years. I've used several different creatine products, each possibly giving me issues. I'm about fifteen pounds heavier than I was a year and a half ago, the gains in muscle mass. I'm 5'4" 147 lbs, lean. I am training in bodybuilding. For the last six or eight months I've been off creatine and purely using whey protein isolate and carbo gain from NOW sports supplements. I'm making gains, but would desperately like to get back onto creatine and NO2 supplements. I understand the importance of a balanced diet, eating regularly, and the proper calorie intake. I attempt to satisfy all categories.

I have looked into various supplements, but their customer service is... terrible. Does anyone know of either (or both) product that is quality and gluten free?

So I've been weight lifting for about two years. I've used several different creatine products, each possibly giving me issues. I'm about fifteen pounds heavier than I was a year and a half ago, the gains in muscle mass. I'm 5'4" 147 lbs, lean. I am training in bodybuilding. For the last six or eight months I've been off creatine and purely using whey protein isolate and carbo gain from NOW sports supplements. I'm making gains, but would desperately like to get back onto creatine and NO2 supplements. I understand the importance of a balanced diet, eating regularly, and the proper calorie intake. I attempt to satisfy all categories.

I have looked into various supplements, but their customer service is... terrible. Does anyone know of either (or both) product that is quality and gluten free?

I have been calling around and searching for createin also I will let you know what I find. If you find something please let me know.

What is micronized creatine?

I used to take GNC's creatine monohydrate. The roughest form of creatine out there these days, I guess, but GNC is good and labels everything exhaustively. Most of their stuff is gluten free too. It worked for me.

The bummer for me is their creatine ethyl ester. It comes in pills that don't cause bloating and get into the muscles so well without a loading phase! But they actually say they aren't recommended for people on a gluten free diet. Anyone know why? (No obvious wheat ingredients). But of course I don't have to be told twice. I took them before I was diagnosed. Now they're off-limits. If anyone knows of another brand that doesn't have that problem, I'd love to know.

I have used creatine monohydrate without any problems. I take about an hour before food and if possible with some warm water as this helps it dissolve. I take one teaspoonful on non training days and 2 on training days.

I tried creatine ethyl ester in powder form for a few weeks but it gave me stomach problems as if I had been glutened. I had a break for a few weeks then tried again and again had problems so I threw the tub away and now use the creatine monohydrate.

It may have been that particular brand or maybe not a pure batch but it definitely did not agree with me.

I use Micronized CM 750 Creatine Caps from AST Sports Science. www.ast-ss.com. I buy it from Lame Advertisement.

I haven't had any problems with it - related to gluten. I felt I needed some help building my muscles after getting so malnourished and weak before i was diagnosed with celiac disease.

The brand, Jarrow (sold at most health food stores), is all gluten-free. They've got L-Arginine (NO2 booster) and Creatine monohydrate in both pill and powders. Bluebonnet also sells L-Arginine, but it's a little more expensive than Jarrow. I get my stuff from Whole Foods.