Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Super Fridge Fudge Recipie

This is one I copied down MANY years ago and pulled out of my recipie file to try today. Yum!

1/2 c. honey

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. cocoa powder

2 c. total, any combo of chopped nuts and seeds

1/2 c. raisins

1/2 c. shredded coconut

Heat honey and P.B. in a saucepan, stirring 'till smooth. Quickly stir in cocoa. remove from heat and stir in nuts, seeds, raisins and coconut. Por into a square greased pan and refrigerate to harden. Cut into squares. Keep store in fridge.

I halved the recipie and put it in a 6"x6" square disposable plasic container. Since DS is not so crazy about nuts, I used all sunflower seeds and used only 1/4 cup. I cut it into 16 bite sized pieces.

Cool, I'll try that one. The other day I made fudge with 1/2 cup almond butter, 1/2 cup cocoa powder 1/2 cup agave and 1/2 cup coconut butter. (Then I mixed it all together on the stove and added more of each ingredient until I liked the way it tasted :))

I'll have to try it with peanut butter and honey next time. Yum.

Yours sounds good too. I'll write it on th back of the card and try it when my P.B. is gone and it's time to buy new ingredients. Coconut butter is an ingredient I'm not familiar with.

Thanks for sharing.

This is one I copied down MANY years ago and pulled out of my recipie file to try today. Yum!

1/2 c. honey

1/2 c. peanut butter

1/2 c. cocoa powder

2 c. total, any combo of chopped nuts and seeds

1/2 c. raisins

1/2 c. shredded coconut

Heat honey and P.B. in a saucepan, stirring 'till smooth. Quickly stir in cocoa. remove from heat and stir in nuts, seeds, raisins and coconut. Por into a square greased pan and refrigerate to harden. Cut into squares. Keep store in fridge.

I halved the recipie and put it in a 6"x6" square disposable plasic container. Since DS is not so crazy about nuts, I used all sunflower seeds and used only 1/4 cup. I cut it into 16 bite sized pieces.

that sounds yummy. i'll have to try it.