Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Brain Fog?

Guest j_mommy

I feel like I can't spit the words out of my mouth!!! Things come out all jumbled. I feel like I'm walking around in a haze and very forgetfull.

Also when I'm concentrating on something I feel like 6 million thoughts are running through my head all at once!!

This happened all the time before I went gluten-free and only when I get cc'd now!

It is like an out of body experience. I can see and hear everything that is going on around me but am completely unable to connect with reality.

i don't retain information. i can't stay focused. i feel like i'm walking around half-asleep. i find it hard to get excited about things. it's like a very mild depression-type mood.

I feel like I can't spit the words out of my mouth!!! Things come out all jumbled. I feel like I'm walking around in a haze and very forgetfull.

Also when I'm concentrating on something I feel like 6 million thoughts are running through my head all at once!!

This happened all the time before I went gluten-free and only when I get cc'd now!

I have all of those things. But sometimes I can't think straight either. I have run a red light then when I realized what I did, I sped up instead of stopping.

It is like an out of body experience. I can see and hear everything that is going on around me but am completely unable to connect with reality.

I too have gotten the lights mixed up.

It only took about 2 months or so for my brain fog to go away. I know that everyone is different though depending on the level of damage done initially. Maybe you are being glutened somehow? Just by small trace amounts? I found out the gluten free cereal I was eating wasn't gluten free and also that my lipstick had gluten in it. After I cut that out I started feeling better. I still haven't gone longer then 2 weeks without getting glutened though. I know this is frustrating. I wish I had the answer.

Yep, that all describes how I feel. How long must I be gluten-free before it goes away? I'm at 3.5 months now.

WH