Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

holdthegluten

Brain Fog?

Can anyone explain their symptoms of brain fog? Thanks

28 yr old Male

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2007

Gluten-free/Casein Free

HLA DQ 2,3 Subtype (2,8) I have both celiac genes!

Married

1 child 9 months- Levi

Yeast/Bacteria overgrowth

" CHANGE THE WAY YOU LOOK AT THINGS AND THE THINGS YOU LOOK AT CHANGE"

Wayne Dyer

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest j_mommy

I feel like I can't spit the words out of my mouth!!! Things come out all jumbled. I feel like I'm walking around in a haze and very forgetfull.

Also when I'm concentrating on something I feel like 6 million thoughts are running through my head all at once!!

This happened all the time before I went gluten-free and only when I get cc'd now!

It is like an out of body experience. I can see and hear everything that is going on around me but am completely unable to connect with reality.

If all the world is indeed a stage and we are merely players then will someone give me the script because I have no f!@#$%^ clue as to what is going on!

What does not kill you makes you stronger.

Nobody cares about losers and quitters never win. If you fail with the cowards then what's the message you send?

Can't get it right, no matter what I do. Might as well be me and keep fu@$ing up for you. - Brian Thomas (Halloween, the greatest metal band ever!)

Ian Moore. Self diagnosed at 36 because the doctors were clueless.

Started low-carb diet early 2004, felt better but not totally gluten-free. Went 100% gluten-free early 2005 and life has never been better.

I have found myself in my car, stopped at a stop light waiting for the light to turn RED. Scary!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

i don't retain information. i can't stay focused. i feel like i'm walking around half-asleep. i find it hard to get excited about things. it's like a very mild depression-type mood.

Diagnosed Celiac in February 2006

Villus blunting and positive blood test

I feel like I can't spit the words out of my mouth!!! Things come out all jumbled. I feel like I'm walking around in a haze and very forgetfull.

Also when I'm concentrating on something I feel like 6 million thoughts are running through my head all at once!!

This happened all the time before I went gluten-free and only when I get cc'd now!

I have all of those things. But sometimes I can't think straight either. I have run a red light then when I realized what I did, I sped up instead of stopping.

It is like an out of body experience. I can see and hear everything that is going on around me but am completely unable to connect with reality.

I too have gotten the lights mixed up.

It only took about 2 months or so for my brain fog to go away. I know that everyone is different though depending on the level of damage done initially. Maybe you are being glutened somehow? Just by small trace amounts? I found out the gluten free cereal I was eating wasn't gluten free and also that my lipstick had gluten in it. After I cut that out I started feeling better. I still haven't gone longer then 2 weeks without getting glutened though. I know this is frustrating. I wish I had the answer.

Yep, that all describes how I feel. How long must I be gluten-free before it goes away? I'm at 3.5 months now.

WH