This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Im New To The Diet Please Help!

stacy-leigh

stacy-leigh Newbie

hi i am very new to the diet and am in desperate need of help. i was wondering if anyone had a list of regular foods that are gluten free. by regular i mean like kraft items or any other regular brand items that you would find at a local grocery store.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

AndreaB Contributor

Hi and Welcome. :D

If you pm Noglugirl, she has a list she's put together that I believe is what you are looking for. :)

Eriella Explorer

Hi--

It actually is easy to eat completely free shopping at a normal grocery store, and more and more places are catering to the gluten free community (at Starbucks they had 3 different brands and several flavors of gluten free granola bars!!!).

Kraft will disclose any gluten, as will most companies. Here is my shopping list:

EnviroKidz cereal or granola bars (ie Gorilla Munch)

Health valley Rice Chexs

plain rice (either boil in bag or just unflavored bags of brown or white rice)

Old El Paso hard taco shells

salsa

Taco Bell refried beans (or I make my own)

Thai Kitchen noodle carts

McCormick seasoning

Classic Lays potato chips

Tostidos tortilla chips

fresh fruit

fresh/canned veggies

almonds

chicken/beef/pork

string cheese

unflavored coffee

eggs

Pretty much, if it comes in a box, it contains gluten. It is frustrating at first, but you will get used to it fast. I can cook any meal from scratch in less than 30 minutes, so if you post what you are craving, one of us probably has the recipe.

Here are some popular gluten free food lists: Open Original Shared Link

Open Original Shared Link

Guest micah
hi i am very new to the diet and am in desperate need of help. i was wondering if anyone had a list of regular foods that are gluten free. by regular i mean like kraft items or any other regular brand items that you would find at a local grocery store.

Hi!

Walmart's Great Value brand will say "Gluten Free" and/or list wheat.

Micah

JennyC Enthusiast

As for regular food, it's best to stick with the brands that will clearly list their gluten. I'll post a link to a large list of those brands. I gave this list to my son's childcare provider and it made her life so much easier. There are also companies that maintain gluten free lists online such as Frito-Lay, Newman's own, Heinz/Ore-Ida and Hormel. If there are specific foods that you love that you think might be gluten free, then it's best to call the company directly. I wish you luck with the diet change, it does get easier. It doesn't seem hard at all when I go shopping now, and we are only five months in.

mamaw Community Regular

Hi & welcome

If you research on this site for a couple of minutes in the last ten days or so there have been several newbies seeking the very same info. Several made extensive listing on those threads.

Please check them out because they will give you alot of info to start out with....

Also I think the recipe section is one of the best so be sure to spend some time on that section. It is well worth the time, we have some of the finest gluten-free cooks on here!!!!

mamaw

Archived