Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow, a forum where you can freely talk about your poop and not be thought of as a complete nutter!

Am not diagnosed as having celiacs and doubt that I do, I do however suspect a growing gluten intolerance characterised by gastric pain, indigestion, severe bloating and wind, constipation and all round misery as a result. I also have difficulty eating fats, this causes severe bloating and nausea, and can't eat too many eggs.

I'm off to see my GP this week to work out what is going on though I think I already know the answer. So thought I would get a head start and see how to go about changing my diet to bring about some comfort after I've been tested.

I'm from Australia, so G'Day!

Wow, a forum where you can freely talk about your poop and not be thought of as a complete nutter!

Am not diagnosed as having celiacs and doubt that I do, I do however suspect a growing gluten intolerance characterised by gastric pain, indigestion, severe bloating and wind, constipation and all round misery as a result. I also have difficulty eating fats, this causes severe bloating and nausea, and can't eat too many eggs.

I'm off to see my GP this week to work out what is going on though I think I already know the answer. So thought I would get a head start and see how to go about changing my diet to bring about some comfort after I've been tested.

I'm from Australia, so G'Day!

'

Welcome. Do be aware that some tests for Celiacs require you to still be on the diet.

Geoff

G'Day Jaybarts!!!

(Yeah I'm fakin' it)

Geoff is certainly right.

(Except, tsk tsk, where he calls 'celiac' 'celiacs')

Geoff Geoff Geoff . . . . . .

Welcome to the forum JB (can I call u JB LOL :lol: )

It's a great place for a celiac.

<crossing fingers that your GP and doesn't say "IBS, here's a pamphlet . . .. . .Next!!">

Geoff is certainly right.

(Except, tsk tsk, where he calls 'celiac' 'celiacs')

Geoff Geoff Geoff . . . . . .

I was using the eastern paupua New Guinean term. Like how the english spell it Coeliac....

welcome to the forum, nice to see someone from Australia. I am thinking of visiting Australia next year. Do not have my plans worked out yet. But might be taking a vacation with my grown son.

(leaving the daughter in law & kiddies at home!!!)

Good Luck with the doctor's appointment. I hear they are pretty celaic savvy there.

I was using the eastern paupua New Guinean term. Like how the english spell it Coeliac....

OMG that's right!! I knew a girl from the Indonesian side of the island (Irian Jawa maybe? So long ago!) and SHE ALWAYS spelled it that way! <smacks own head> :o

:lol: