Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Just Need To Vent!

Ok, so I have been gluten-free for months. But lately I have been getting diarrhea but I don't know what from. I am certain it is not from gluten, but i don't know what is causing it. I know I should do an elimination diet, but I don't even know where to begin, and I can't imagine cutting out even more food from my diet. I am so scared it is corn or something, and I woulnd't even know how to begin to eliminate that from my diet because I use something from corn all the time. I am thinking about getting a referral to the GI dr, but I don't know what good he would do. What would you guys do??

Thanks, just had to vent!

ptkds

I am kinda in your same boat. I have been diagnosed and gluten free for 5 weeks and am battling a lot of D. I just just tested positive for bacteria overgrowth, so hopefully that is part of the problem.

It broke my heart (I work in a cheese shop) but giving up dairy and soy have helped me. I would say the first couple days were the hardest, but once I noticed a shift it felt like less of a "deal."

Don't get me wrong... I cannot wait to eat yogurt, cheese and have milk in my coffee!

So being pretty new to this, I would say to talk to you GI and figure out if something else is going on in your guts and/or cut out dairy and/or soy. I also found that corn was bothering me (popcorn, corn tortillas) so I nixed the things that have a ton of corn.

I am sure a bunch more people will offer other ideas/suggestions.

I hope you start feeling better soon.