Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ptkds

Just Need To Vent!

Ok, so I have been gluten-free for months. But lately I have been getting diarrhea but I don't know what from. I am certain it is not from gluten, but i don't know what is causing it. I know I should do an elimination diet, but I don't even know where to begin, and I can't imagine cutting out even more food from my diet. I am so scared it is corn or something, and I woulnd't even know how to begin to eliminate that from my diet because I use something from corn all the time. I am thinking about getting a referral to the GI dr, but I don't know what good he would do. What would you guys do??

Thanks, just had to vent!

ptkds

ptkds

Mom of 4 beautiful girls (the 2 youngest are only 10 months apart!)
Diagnosed with Celiac disease on November 8, 2006; gluten-free as of 12-1-06.

DD#2 13 years old; diagnosed on November 28, 2006. gluten-free as of 12-7-06.
DD#3 9 years old; diagnosed through blood work in October 2006. Gluten-free as of mid-November and doing GREAT!!
DD#4 8 years old; had a scope done on 6-22-07 (at 14 months old) and the dr saw stomach ulcers, but all test results were negative. GI dr told us to put her on the gluten free diet anyway. She is gluten free as of 6-22-07.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I am kinda in your same boat. I have been diagnosed and gluten free for 5 weeks and am battling a lot of D. I just just tested positive for bacteria overgrowth, so hopefully that is part of the problem.

It broke my heart (I work in a cheese shop) but giving up dairy and soy have helped me. I would say the first couple days were the hardest, but once I noticed a shift it felt like less of a "deal."

Don't get me wrong... I cannot wait to eat yogurt, cheese and have milk in my coffee!

So being pretty new to this, I would say to talk to you GI and figure out if something else is going on in your guts and/or cut out dairy and/or soy. I also found that corn was bothering me (popcorn, corn tortillas) so I nixed the things that have a ton of corn.

I am sure a bunch more people will offer other ideas/suggestions.

I hope you start feeling better soon.