Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Salsa Verde

Does anyone know what to do with a jar of Salsa Verde or tomatillo sauce?

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Blend it up with an avocado and a bit of cilantro and lime juice. This is really delicious on chips or anything with chicken.

If you take what trilliumhunter said and add something dairy (sour cream or yogurt) to it, it makes a really DIVINE dip for chips. There's a restaurant I adored pre-dx that made this dip.

But eat my share because I'm CF now. I'll have to try it with soy "yogurt." :)

gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

I'm from TX, it goes on Anything!

One of my favorite easy lunches is grilled chicken breast with rice and homemade salsa verde on top.

If you are CF, mix an avacado to thicken it and put on chips :P

Kat.

I'm from TX, it goes on Anything!

One of my favorite easy lunches is grilled chicken breast with rice and homemade salsa verde on top.

If you are CF, mix an avacado to thicken it and put on chips :P

Kat.

LOL. I want the avocado and the sour cream. Oh well. I'm missing dairy much more than I'll ever miss gluten. I'm gettin' over it though. **cleansing breath**

gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

You can make the worlds best turkey burgers with them!!

Combine ground turkey, oregano, cumin, and red pepper. Make into patties and grill.

Take a corn tortilla and place the burger, avocado slices, drizzle with lime juice, and then the salsa. Cover with cheese and another corn tortilla. YMM!

Symptoms on and off my whole life

Major symptoms starting 2005

Zero blood antibodies

Gluten free with positive dietary response since April 2007

Thanks for the ideas.

I want the avacado and the sour cream too! Sounds yummy. I'll try it with plain yogurt though.

Those turkey burgers sound good too.

When I was on the West Coast, we used to get tamales at the farmer's market, stuffed with cheese and fresh green chilies and served with tomatillo sauce(before gluten-free). They were SO good!

Me: GLUTEN-FREE 7/06, multiple food allergies, T2 DIABETES DX 8/08, LADA-Latent Autoimmune Diabetes in Adults, Who knew food allergies could trigger an autoimmune attack on the pancreas?! 1/11 Re-DX T1 DM, pos. DQ2 Celiac gene test 9/11

Son: ADHD '06,

neg. CELIAC PANEL 5/07

ALLERGY: "positive" blood and skin tests to wheat, which triggers his eczema '08

ENTEROLAB testing: elevated Fecal Anti-tissue Transglutaminase IgA Dec. '08

Gluten-free-Feb. '09

other food allergies