Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

missy'smom

Salsa Verde

Blend it up with an avocado and a bit of cilantro and lime juice. This is really delicious on chips or anything with chicken.

If you take what trilliumhunter said and add something dairy (sour cream or yogurt) to it, it makes a really DIVINE dip for chips. There's a restaurant I adored pre-dx that made this dip.

But eat my share because I'm CF now. I'll have to try it with soy "yogurt." :)

I'm from TX, it goes on Anything!

One of my favorite easy lunches is grilled chicken breast with rice and homemade salsa verde on top.

If you are CF, mix an avacado to thicken it and put on chips :P

Kat.

I'm from TX, it goes on Anything!

One of my favorite easy lunches is grilled chicken breast with rice and homemade salsa verde on top.

If you are CF, mix an avacado to thicken it and put on chips :P

Kat.

LOL. I want the avocado and the sour cream. Oh well. I'm missing dairy much more than I'll ever miss gluten. I'm gettin' over it though. **cleansing breath**

You can make the worlds best turkey burgers with them!!

Combine ground turkey, oregano, cumin, and red pepper. Make into patties and grill.

Take a corn tortilla and place the burger, avocado slices, drizzle with lime juice, and then the salsa. Cover with cheese and another corn tortilla. YMM!

Thanks for the ideas.

I want the avacado and the sour cream too! Sounds yummy. I'll try it with plain yogurt though.

Those turkey burgers sound good too.

When I was on the West Coast, we used to get tamales at the farmer's market, stuffed with cheese and fresh green chilies and served with tomatillo sauce(before gluten-free). They were SO good!