Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sedunk

Dining In Nh

Help!

I am new to this Celiac business. I have been Gluten-free for two and half week. My birthday is on Friday. Being Italian I usually head to the North End for lots of bread and pasta. (Yummy) I was wondering if anyone could suggest a great place for a Birthday dinner. I am also allergic to almonds!

If anyone knows of a bakery where I could purchase a gluten-free birthday please let me know.

I live in the Upper Valley, not far from Dartmouth College, but am willing to travel just about anywhere for fine dining and fun!

many thanks

Sara

Try Raffertys Pub in North Conway. Apparently the owners have a child with celiac so they have an extensive gluten-free menu. We haven't tried it yet, but the menu looks wonderful. www.raffspub.com.

Guest Ang

I just returned from our twice yearly visits to NH, and was surprised to find out the Italian Farmhouse in Plymouth has a gluten-free menu. It's run by Alex Ray, owner of all the Common Man restaurants. He owns about 15 restaurants now. They probably all have some type of accomodations. I ate at the Common Man in Ashland last December, and they were accommodating, but didn't have a full menu to offer me.

Good luck....you have lots of options with this "chain" alone!

Do you guys know of anything near Southern Winnepausaukee? We're going there in August. We'll have a kitchen in our hotel, but it would be really nice to take my son to a restaurant that serves pasta he can eat.

Any suggestions for Southern New Hampshire would be really helpful! We're hoping to go to Storyland after we attend a wedding in August.

Thanks,

Margaret

Rafferty's in North Conway is near Storyland -- I would definitely try there. Also, fyi, Storyland has a lot of allergy info right on their website about what is in their foods.

Rafferty's in North Conway is near Storyland -- I would definitely try there. Also, fyi, Storyland has a lot of allergy info right on their website about what is in their foods.

Thanks! For some reason I had assumed that Storyland was down near Canobie Lake Park. Not sure WHY I thought that, but this will make our trip awesome. Rafferty's sounds great. This will be the first time we'll eat in a restaurant since the life changing phone call back in June.

Many thanks to all of you that have responded. I just found out that Yo Mama's in Merrimack, NH and

The Smoke House or Smoke Pit near Tamworth / Ossippee offer gluten-free menu's as well. I am not sure of the name of BQ / Smoke House restaurant, but I heard that the owner has several children with Gluten issues. They are supposed to be great and BQ chicken. Yum.

Just wanted to say that we ate at Rafferty's this June and it was fabulous --the food, the people, the food, the food, the food :) the people...... You really can't improve on ordering from a FULL menu from servers who already know everything about celiac.

• Forum Discussions

Thank you Ranchers Wife.  Since I'm asymptomatic, I would not know if I had gluten. I cannot imagine having to worry about getting sick from cross-contamination. 
    Hi Jenna1028, They test for DH by taking a small skin biopsy from clear skin next to a lesion.  If you have DH, you have celiac disease.  But, you need to be eating a gluten diet for 12 weeks (gluten challenge) before getting the skin bi...
    To the OP, once in a while this stuff happens.  Please feel free to start a new topic if that would make it easier.  I am afraid this is just part of forums on the internet. I hope this didn’t chase you off.