Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Annaem

Vinegar- Are All Brands Created Equal

Are all vinegars equal. I always buy Heinz white vinegar. But when i visit my aunt she often buys no name vinegars. Same with Red Wine vinegar is this gluten free? Are all brands created equal?

Are all vinegars equal. I always buy Heinz white vinegar. But when i visit my aunt she often buys no name vinegars. Same with Red Wine vinegar is this gluten free? Are all brands created equal?

I would find it hard to vary quality of vinegars....just my thought. But, with that said, I do buy brand names rather than generic. I like to support companies that have good listing practices.

Oh goodness no. Vinegar quality differs. White vinegar might not differ so much, but that stuff is so harsh, I only use it for cleaning. Apple cider vinegar definitely is different by brand, as is red wine vinegar. And balsamic... don't get me started on finding a good balsamic! I would try a couple different brands to find where your tradeoff of cost/quality lies.

Oh goodness no. Vinegar quality differs. White vinegar might not differ so much, but that stuff is so harsh, I only use it for cleaning. Apple cider vinegar definitely is different by brand, as is red wine vinegar. And balsamic... don't get me started on finding a good balsamic! I would try a couple different brands to find where your tradeoff of cost/quality lies.

I was thinking along the line of distilled whites. Balsamic gets better with the price tag.