Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hi! i noticed on the mi-del website thay they have oreos and mint oreos. their statement says, "made in a facility that also makes wheat /gluten products" has anyone ever had a bad reaction to mi-del cookies, specififcally the oreos?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I've eaten the Mi-Del "oreos" with no problems, as has my daughter.

gluten-free May 17, 2007; casein-light since June 2007

Dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant by Enterolab. Family doc dx'ed "gluten sensitive" after dietary response. DQ 6 & DQ 7

8 year old daughter dx'ed gluten/casein intolerant & malabsorption by Enterolab and has been GFCL since June 12, 2007. Excellent response to diet, including growth! Tummyaches & irritability are gone! DQ 5 & DQ 6

Husband has DQ 5 (elementary, my dear Watson!). Self-diagnosed gluten-intolerant by diet response and challenge.

hi! i noticed on the mi-del website thay they have oreos and mint oreos. their statement says, "made in a facility that also makes wheat /gluten products" has anyone ever had a bad reaction to mi-del cookies, specififcally the oreos?

If CC issues make you nervous you could try to find Kinnickinik brand where you are. I hope I spelled that right. Their facility is a dedicated gluten-free one and their sandwich cookies, while not as good as their italian bread are pretty good. And their frozen pizza crusts are the best I have ever found. They are even flaky, great with jam and cream cheese.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

I didn't have any problems with Mi-del, but once I tried K-too's I thought they were so much better.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif