This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Thanks For Understanding...

michiamojersey

michiamojersey Rookie

I just need to vent...

I am so glad that I found this website. Finally, I have found people who can say, "I know how you feel" and you know it's real....genuine. How many times have you all heard that? Do they know what it's like to be doubled over in pain? Do they know what it's like to feel the hopelessness when the doctor refers you to a shrink because he/she can't figure out what's wrong with you...it must be in your head, right? Do they know the embarassment you feel when you have to tell a new boyfriend or girlfriend what it means for you to get "sick"? Do they know the self control it takes to not have a slice when all your friends/family are out for pizza? Do they know how it feels to lay awake at night thinking, "What is wrong with me"?! Have they ever felt that defeat when you accidently get "glutened"? Do they know how hard it is to go through your kitchen, bag everything up and give it away leaving you with bare cupboards...not knowing what you are supposed to eat? Do they know how awful some of this gluten-free crap tastes like? Do their mouths water at the thought of one more warm Krispy Kreme? To all of you that have to order salads with no croutons or cheese....who instinctively have an "escape" excuse just in case you get "that feeling" and you need to leave abruptly....to those of us that are forever explaining our "allergy", (and no, you can't just order a burger and take the bun off). We are troopers that have been through the trenches and continue to march on through this gluten-filled world. I salute you....'cause I know how you feel!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

NoGluGirl Contributor

Dear michiamojersey,

Thank you for posting this! Welcome to the forum! It is nice to find others who understand! :) I have been gluten-free almost a year now. Even so, everyone in my family likes to pretend there is no such thing as Celiac, and if so, I could not possibly have it. :rolleyes: My doctor diagnosed me. Apparently, her word is not good enough.

Getting glutened is a real problem. I have to share a kitchen. I am stuck living with my parents, which is really depressing at 24. They tell me to go out and get a job, yet refuse to help me get or stay well. They do not take this seriously at all. I also could have Lyme Disease.

The world is full of stupid people, and alas, many of them seem to be in my family. I have decided to be adopted. :lol: Have you ever thought "How could I be related to these people?" :huh:

It truly is daunting the insensitivity and selfishness others possess. The other night, my parents got Chinese food yet again. I have not had any in nearly a year, and it makes me want to cry! :(

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

ravenwoodglass Mentor

All I can add is you sure are in the right place, and we are glad your here. Unfortunately we can all identify real well with your post. Wishing you the best and welcome.

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Amen! I seriously considered putting THAT on a t-shirt... lol!

Welcome to the board :lol:

Archived