Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Phyllis28

Endo Results

My endo results are:

"Negative for active celiac" - These are the expected results since I have been gluten free for many years

"Some chronic inflammation noted though".

My appointment with the GI is not until the beginning of October to further explain this.

Any one else had this result? Any information would be helpful.

Please note I am currently gluten free, soy free and lowfat

Where was the inflamation? Esophagus, stomach or small intestine? If it is up high you may have GERD. If lower you have gastritis from something, perhaps meds or an infection.

I was surprised about a year ago when I had Xrays and an MRI for suspected pneumonia that the radiologist noted I had gastritis. I had been gluten free for almost three years at the time. And, I really hadn't been experiencing any GI discomfort.

Steve

The report said small bowel. The section for stomach and esophagus were empty. So I deduce small bowel means small intestine. So far searching the internet I have come up with possibilities baterical overgrowth and Chron's. I am going to keep looking.

My endo results are:

"Negative for active celiac" - These are the expected results since I have been gluten free for many years

"Some chronic inflammation noted though".

My appointment with the GI is not until the beginning of October to further explain this.

Any one else had this result? Any information would be helpful.

Please note I am currently gluten free, soy free and lowfat

Same outcome I had - minor inflamation at bottom of esphagus, call me in two weeks, thats' it. And yes I take prescript. drugs, and no I don't have any symptoms of reflux or Gerd. Bob

Phyllis, I would give up dairy, don't quote me on this but I think I read somewhere that dairy can also cause intestinal damage.

I hate dairy anyway, I think we have no business eating it. but darn it s so hard to give up...