Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

risegluck

Traveling To Hershey And Lancaster, Pa

I will be traveling to Hershey (Hershey Park) and Lancaster, PA with my son who has celiac disease. We will be staying at the Holiday Inn in Grantville and the Bird-in-Hand Family Inn. Any dining information/ advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

The Red Robin next to Hershey Park is good with allergies.

The Hotel Hershey denotes gluten free on their menu...a little pricey and not a kid place in my eyes.

There is also an Issac's, Holihans, and the Chocolate Avenue Grill in the area which I have ate at with no problems.

There is an Outback Steakhouse in Lancaster. They have a glutenfree menu!

I haven't been there since being diagnosed with Celiac, but when I did go, it was a ton of fun! :) Hope you have a great trip!

It's fun living here except for summer when everyone is coming to the park so traffic gets a bit heavy.

We go to Good and Plenty in Lancaster! Yum! It is a family style resturant where you sit with other folks and dine family style. The menu changes daily so I would call 1st to ensure there is something there he can have and likes. We just ate there about two weeks ago and DD had ham, corn and mashed potatoes with ice cream for dessert. They do make things like fried chicken (which is usually served daily) but it is all served on seperate platters. The meatloaf and hamloaf....a no go. I asked wishfully thinking! LOL! But they often serve a safe meat like ham or roastbeef, etc along with the mashed potatos and several veggies. And they are very accomidating. We love it there.

On rt 30 there is a Bob Evans.....the hotdogs are safe, mashed potatoes and the potato crusted fish is to dye for! The sausage is ok too and they serve ham too. If you go in and ask for the allergy list, they will provide a little 3 ring binder that has all the foods and ingred. listed.

There is also a Texas Roadside on rt 30. (steak house)

And a nice diner right across the street from Dutch Wonderland that we often stop at. The are very helpful there too.

These are all on or near rt. 30. That isn't that far from Bird In Hand. Hershey, I cannot remember where we stopped. Some little hole in the wall sports diner. LOL!

I haven't been to Bird in Hand in ages so I am not much help there. Sorry.