Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

Angies Baby Poll

(((((((((((((((((((Hugs)))))))))))))))))))

I hope all turns out well. Wouldn't it be great to meet Annika.

Yes, it would be wonderful. I'm really hoping they decide to just do it tonight since I haven't eaten since 10am. That would be such a relief! I really, really, really want to get it over with.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Ok guys, this will likely be my last update until we're home from the hospital Sunday or Monday. Everything went well at the NST today, but they still are pushing for a c-section. I'm okay with that at this point. I have a c-section scheduled for 2pm tomorrow afternoon. I'm very excited. I'm very ready to get this whole thing over with. They're going to continue checking me for progress up until I'm prepped for surgery, so hopefully something will happen between now and then. As of now, nothing's changed. I am, however, having regular contractions at this point, so we'll see.

My mom took Tori for the night and she's going to keep her until tomorrow night so I'll be able to relax here for my last evening. I can't wait to sleep in tomorrow. Its going to feel so good to be well rested for this baby. Last time I was so exhausted from being induced that I didn't get to enjoy very much of the first few hours. This time I'll at least have had a good night's sleep.

I'm sad that I wasn't able to go through with the vbac, but I'm not devastated or anything. At this point a c-section feels right to me. I would have had the choice to wait a few more days, but I just didn't want to anymore. I will be very relieved when this is all over with and we have our little Annika in our arms.

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

Good luck Angie. You are in my thoughts and prayers. All the best to you and your family.

Donna

Celiac Disease 08/05

Osteoporosis 08/05 (age 38 )

Fibromyalgia, Microscopic Colitis, Elevated ANA (1:1280) 09/07

Mom of three. Daughter with gene marker for Celiac. No signs of disease

Donna

Long Island, NY

Oh Angie--how exciting! I'm glad you're ok with everything, and at this time tomorrow, the new little one will be here :D

Take care, get a good night's sleep and drink in every minute. I'll be sending positive "baby energy" your way :)

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Angie,

I'm glad that you are ok with the idea of having another C-section, I know that it is healthier for you with everything that is going on, and Im sure that everything will resolve after the baby is here even if it will take a few days for the swelling to go down. Working here at the hospital and see a lot of women with very swollen feet and legs but they feel so much better.

(((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))))) to you and the baby everything will go smoothly

donna

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 21 (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 13 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow's milk) IgA antibody 12 Units (Normal Range <10 Units)

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0501

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0501

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 1,1 (Subtype 5,5)

You can teach an old dog new tricks!!!

Glad the non-stress test went well and everything looks good.

It will be nice for you to have a good night's rest or at least some relaxation. I hope your contractions progress for you, otherwise I'll be thinking of you and holding little Annika after your section.

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Can't wait to see pictures of Annika!! Good luck!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.