Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lisa

Stef The Kicking Cutie

Aaah, that freaks me out. She mentioned for a brief moment, he could be breech and that she might have felt the butt and not the head. But when I told her, that he was head down all the time and I even have his hickups in my wooha the last few weeks like everyday, she didn't say anything about this issue anymore. It still freaks me out, because I was a breech baby myself. Or maybe the cord is around his neck and everytime he drops a little the heart rate drops??? Just a thought. I'm becoming a worry wart here slow but sure, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks, this is also very helpful. I've been practicing those squats and have been trying to get balance on my own, while down. It works real nice. I can go up and down without help and even stay down in one position without falling over. Don't bump me though... lol! If this feels good during labor, I will have to give it a try.

when I was in labor with my daughter (29 years ago) I found that if I did a squat while i was having contractions the pain would go away. The nurse didnt like me doing it though, said I was going to drop the baby during squat. The labor was only 45 min from start to finish. Good luck to you and your baby :lol:

Don't worry, Stef, they won't induce you just because you've dilated a lot. They'll let you walk around at 8 cm so long as your water hasn't broken.

Why would they not let you walk around after 8cm with broken water? There's no way I could lay still during my labour...laying on my back was excrutiating. I had to keep moving until pushing stage, and had to keep moving to get my daughter into the right position for birth.

Michelle

Yes, why didn't they want you to walk after 8cm and broken water??? That would be my death I think. Yes, I love squats. Even now. I do them all the time. I was planning on giving them a try during my labor and after so many people talked so positive about them, it is even more encouraging. I'm not dilated at all. Did I write that wrong before??? I thought I wrote it correct and said 80% effaced and not dilated. Hm, well, here are the appointment news:

My blood pressure was normal, my weight increased to 145 lb. Baby's heart beat was normal. He said, now I'm almost completely, so almost 100% effaced. He was delighted to see my progress. However he also said, if the baby is still in there by next week's appointment and nothing changed, then we need to talk about an induction date. <_< I swear I'm going to walk like crazy every day now. Cause in the past every time I walked, some progress happened.

OK, I already have to go for now. I'll see you guys later.

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

gluten-free since 07/21/2004

Shermans Dale, PA

Why would they not let you walk around after 8cm with broken water? There's no way I could lay still during my labour...laying on my back was excrutiating. I had to keep moving until pushing stage, and had to keep moving to get my daughter into the right position for birth.

Michelle

By walk around I meant not being in the hospital... Not literally walking around... :) Oops...

~Angie~

Gluten free since May 2004

I've heard excercise helps, but don't know as I've never gone through labor.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer :unsure: ......or us either. :P

Andrea

Enterolab positive results only June 06:
Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family has been soy free since February, gluten free since June 2006.

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Yes, why didn't they want you to walk after 8cm and broken water??? That would be my death I think. Yes, I love squats. Even now. I do them all the time. I was planning on giving them a try during my labor and after so many people talked so positive about them, it is even more encouraging. I'm not dilated at all. Did I write that wrong before??? I thought I wrote it correct and said 80% effaced and not dilated. Hm, well, here are the appointment news:

My blood pressure was normal, my weight increased to 145 lb. Baby's heart beat was normal. He said, now I'm almost completely, so almost 100% effaced. He was delighted to see my progress. However he also said, if the baby is still in there by next week's appointment and nothing changed, then we need to talk about an induction date. <_< I swear I'm going to walk like crazy every day now. Cause in the past every time I walked, some progress happened.

OK, I already have to go for now. I'll see you guys later.

Glad to hear you and baby are healthy. :) Just so you are aware, it's up to you whether you choose and induction or not. No one can force you to do anything you don't want. You can avoid the induction talk, or let it go in one ear and out the other. Personally, I'd stall on making a date...as long as everyone is healthy induction is unnecessary. Induction will not work if the baby is not ready to come out, and often leads to further unnecessary intervention, including c/s.

Michelle

By walk around I meant not being in the hospital... Not literally walking around... :) Oops...

Glad you clarified. I thought that policy sounded a bit oppressive. ;)

BTW, a woman can go quite a long time with broken water before labour. The body continually produces fluid. As long as no bacteria is introduced to the amniotic sac (ie no vaginal checks!) it can be safely done. In practice it doesn't happen though..."they" won't "let" you go more than 24 hours...and can't seem to keep their hands out of there (unless you tell them "no"...I had no vaginal checks during my pregnancy with my daughter until full-on labour.) I have heard of a couple of women go a week or two with ruptured membranes and go on to a healthy, natural labour and birth. In some instances, the amniotic sac can seal up again too (when it's a slow leak.)

Michelle

Glad you clarified. I thought that policy sounded a bit oppressive. ;)

BTW, a woman can go quite a long time with broken water before labour. The body continually produces fluid. As long as no bacteria is introduced to the amniotic sac (ie no vaginal checks!) it can be safely done. In practice it doesn't happen though..."they" won't "let" you go more than 24 hours...and can't seem to keep their hands out of there (unless you tell them "no"...I had no vaginal checks during my pregnancy with my daughter until full-on labour.) I have heard of a couple of women go a week or two with ruptured membranes and go on to a healthy, natural labour and birth. In some instances, the amniotic sac can seal up again too (when it's a slow leak.)

Michelle

This is true, my coworkers SIL gave birth last week, her water broke on Weds morning and it wasn't until Thursday evening her son was born, she couldn't even get any meds (cant think of the name of the shot they give you) because she has a rod in her back.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

That's true. I heard about women going longer with ruptured membranes, too. The wife of a co-worker of my husband took a shower while her membranes ruptured. She never noticed it. Three days later she went to the doctor and he told her, that her membranes ruptured and they needed to induce her. Baby and mother were fine... :rolleyes: I think, with me it's psychological, too, cause I said to myself I needed to finish the gift for my husband first, before I let him out. I guess, by tonight I will be done :lol: .

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

1x PA State Champ (I defended my title in pointfighting) and also again Grand Champion in pointfighting

August 20-27: Karate and Kickboxing World Championships in Germany (my homecountry)

Shermans Dale, PA

When I logged on this morning and didn't see this topic I was hoping maybe that meant she was busy having the baby, my fingers are crossed.

36_22_10[1].gif

When I logged on this morning and didn't see this topic I was hoping maybe that meant she was busy having the baby, my fingers are crossed.

Yeah, I was kind of feeling that way too... Like today might be the day. I woke up feeling like that, I don't know why. I hope for her sake it is. I know how badly she must want to meet her little Lukas.

On a side note, my mom called me in a panic last night because she had this overwhelming feeling that I was going into labor. I've been having contractions all night, but nothing's progressed yet. Perhaps Stef and I will have our babies on the same day after all. :)

~Angie~

On a side note, my mom called me in a panic last night because she had this overwhelming feeling that I was going into labor. I've been having contractions all night, but nothing's progressed yet. Perhaps Stef and I will have our babies on the same day after all. :)

Keep us posted Angie.......now we can start getting more excited for your upcoming little one.

Isn't Stef usually on in the morning? Maybe she did head in. :unsure:

Andrea

Me HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0301; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2, 7)
Husband HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0201; HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0302; Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 (subtype 2,8)

The whole family went back to a gluten diet October 2011.  We never had official testing done and I decided to give gluten a go again.  At this point I've decided to work on making some gluten free things again, though healthwise everyone seems to be fine.  The decision to add gluten back in was also made based on other things I'd read about the 2nd sequence of genes.  It is my belief that we had a gluten intolerance, but thanks to things I've learned here, I know more what to keep an eye on.  If you have a confirmed case of celiac, please don't go back to gluten, it's a lifelong lifestyle change.

Either she's having the baby or she's working on the nursery... My guess is that she's having the baby. Nothing here yet... Ugh...

~Angie~

Hang in there, Angie :D As if you have a choice :P

No word yet on Stef--maybe she's in as we speak!

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I've been checking in all day and most likely will till I crawl in bed tonight. :rolleyes:

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

She still hasn't been on today huh? I'd think she is in as Patti said.

You're time is coming up real soon Angie. :)

Andrea

You're time is coming up real soon Angie. :)

I hope you're right. I'm starting to go out of my mind. Patience is NOT my strong point.

I think she's having it as we speak, probably already did. I hope things are well with her and little Lukas. I can't wait for the update!!! If I'm not making any progress, I'd at least like it if SOMEONE were. :)

~Angie~

I hope you're right. I'm starting to go out of my mind. Patience is NOT my strong point.

I think she's having it as we speak, probably already did. I hope things are well with her and little Lukas. I can't wait for the update!!! If I'm not making any progress, I'd at least like it if SOMEONE were. :)

I started keeping my cell phone on my desk at work so I can get the message when Annika arrives :) If I run to see a patient, when I come back, the first thing I do is check the cell phone.

36_22_10[1].gif

Nothing here yet. Guys, I'm sooo sorry I let you wait so long today. But my husband was on the computer all morning, so I couldn't get on. And when he left, I still was fed up with working on his gift. I don't want him to see it, before it's done, so I couldn't work on it in the morning, while he was home. Then, when he finally left at like 12:50pm (usually he leaves at 12:25 or so already), I immediately ran to my sewing machine to get going with the gift. Bugger! There are still a few pockets and the webbing and parachute clip left to do and he's on vacation as of today. So I can't guarantee to be on here tomorrow (or the other days after that) either, because he is on vacation and might be on the computer all day. Aaaargh!

But I will promise, to either come here and leave a message, when we leave for the hospital. Or that I will call or text somebody on here 100%, in case I can't come here anymore, as soon as I head to the hospital. So you guys know, what's going on. I'm usually very reliable with that (but nothing happened all day, that's why I didn't text). And I will definitely use the cell phone, when I don't have time to come on here anymore, before we leave to the hospital. Big promise! I know how tough waiting is, so I'm not doing that to you guys. That means, if you hear nothing from me, most likely nothing's going on. Just came back from class. Again, sorry I let you guys wait so long.

Stef

Next goals:

Results for 2011:

Shermans Dale, PA

Well, we were hoping.......anytime now Lukas. :D

Andrea

Stef it was good to hear from you. At least we know you are ok. Maybe tomorrow will be Lukas's big arrival ;)

36_22_10[1].gif

So sorry nothing's happening yet, Stef! It is frustrating, isn't it? Its especially bad once you're past your due date. My original guess was the 25th though, so I'm still thinking you might go then. :) That's only two more days, right? :) I feel your pain.

~Angie~

I started keeping my cell phone on my desk at work so I can get the message when Annika arrives :) If I run to see a patient, when I come back, the first thing I do is check the cell phone.

I think we might be waiting a little while here... Last time I never did go into labor and they said that because of that, this pregnancy is more like a first pregnancy than a second. I may very well go late with this one, though I'm obviously hoping I don't. We're getting central air though next week, so it would probably be more convenient if we didn't have her until that was all taken care of. :) We'll see. Hopefully though, I'll be texting you tomorrow. :)

~Angie~