This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Support Celiac.com!
    eNewsletter
    Donate

Stef The Kicking Cutie

Lisa

barbara123 Apprentice
Aaah, that freaks me out. She mentioned for a brief moment, he could be breech and that she might have felt the butt and not the head. But when I told her, that he was head down all the time and I even have his hickups in my wooha the last few weeks like everyday, she didn't say anything about this issue anymore. It still freaks me out, because I was a breech baby myself. Or maybe the cord is around his neck and everytime he drops a little the heart rate drops??? Just a thought. I'm becoming a worry wart here slow but sure, but better safe than sorry.

Thanks, this is also very helpful. I've been practicing those squats and have been trying to get balance on my own, while down. It works real nice. I can go up and down without help and even stay down in one position without falling over. Don't bump me though... lol! If this feels good during labor, I will have to give it a try.

when I was in labor with my daughter (29 years ago) I found that if I did a squat while i was having contractions the pain would go away. The nurse didnt like me doing it though, said I was going to drop the baby during squat. The labor was only 45 min from start to finish. Good luck to you and your baby :lol:

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Michi8 Contributor
Don't worry, Stef, they won't induce you just because you've dilated a lot. They'll let you walk around at 8 cm so long as your water hasn't broken.

Why would they not let you walk around after 8cm with broken water? There's no way I could lay still during my labour...laying on my back was excrutiating. I had to keep moving until pushing stage, and had to keep moving to get my daughter into the right position for birth.

Michelle

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

Yes, why didn't they want you to walk after 8cm and broken water??? That would be my death I think. Yes, I love squats. Even now. I do them all the time. I was planning on giving them a try during my labor and after so many people talked so positive about them, it is even more encouraging. I'm not dilated at all. Did I write that wrong before??? I thought I wrote it correct and said 80% effaced and not dilated. Hm, well, here are the appointment news:

My blood pressure was normal, my weight increased to 145 lb. Baby's heart beat was normal. He said, now I'm almost completely, so almost 100% effaced. He was delighted to see my progress. However he also said, if the baby is still in there by next week's appointment and nothing changed, then we need to talk about an induction date. <_< I swear I'm going to walk like crazy every day now. Cause in the past every time I walked, some progress happened.

OK, I already have to go for now. I'll see you guys later.

Guhlia Rising Star
Why would they not let you walk around after 8cm with broken water? There's no way I could lay still during my labour...laying on my back was excrutiating. I had to keep moving until pushing stage, and had to keep moving to get my daughter into the right position for birth.

Michelle

By walk around I meant not being in the hospital... Not literally walking around... :) Oops...

AndreaB Contributor

I've heard excercise helps, but don't know as I've never gone through labor.

Hope you don't have to wait much longer :unsure: ......or us either. :P

Michi8 Contributor
Yes, why didn't they want you to walk after 8cm and broken water??? That would be my death I think. Yes, I love squats. Even now. I do them all the time. I was planning on giving them a try during my labor and after so many people talked so positive about them, it is even more encouraging. I'm not dilated at all. Did I write that wrong before??? I thought I wrote it correct and said 80% effaced and not dilated. Hm, well, here are the appointment news:

My blood pressure was normal, my weight increased to 145 lb. Baby's heart beat was normal. He said, now I'm almost completely, so almost 100% effaced. He was delighted to see my progress. However he also said, if the baby is still in there by next week's appointment and nothing changed, then we need to talk about an induction date. <_< I swear I'm going to walk like crazy every day now. Cause in the past every time I walked, some progress happened.

OK, I already have to go for now. I'll see you guys later.

Glad to hear you and baby are healthy. :) Just so you are aware, it's up to you whether you choose and induction or not. No one can force you to do anything you don't want. You can avoid the induction talk, or let it go in one ear and out the other. Personally, I'd stall on making a date...as long as everyone is healthy induction is unnecessary. Induction will not work if the baby is not ready to come out, and often leads to further unnecessary intervention, including c/s.

Michelle

Michi8 Contributor
By walk around I meant not being in the hospital... Not literally walking around... :) Oops...

Glad you clarified. I thought that policy sounded a bit oppressive. ;)

BTW, a woman can go quite a long time with broken water before labour. The body continually produces fluid. As long as no bacteria is introduced to the amniotic sac (ie no vaginal checks!) it can be safely done. In practice it doesn't happen though..."they" won't "let" you go more than 24 hours...and can't seem to keep their hands out of there (unless you tell them "no"...I had no vaginal checks during my pregnancy with my daughter until full-on labour.) I have heard of a couple of women go a week or two with ruptured membranes and go on to a healthy, natural labour and birth. In some instances, the amniotic sac can seal up again too (when it's a slow leak.)

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Glad you clarified. I thought that policy sounded a bit oppressive. ;)

BTW, a woman can go quite a long time with broken water before labour. The body continually produces fluid. As long as no bacteria is introduced to the amniotic sac (ie no vaginal checks!) it can be safely done. In practice it doesn't happen though..."they" won't "let" you go more than 24 hours...and can't seem to keep their hands out of there (unless you tell them "no"...I had no vaginal checks during my pregnancy with my daughter until full-on labour.) I have heard of a couple of women go a week or two with ruptured membranes and go on to a healthy, natural labour and birth. In some instances, the amniotic sac can seal up again too (when it's a slow leak.)

Michelle

This is true, my coworkers SIL gave birth last week, her water broke on Weds morning and it wasn't until Thursday evening her son was born, she couldn't even get any meds (cant think of the name of the shot they give you) because she has a rod in her back.

That's true. I heard about women going longer with ruptured membranes, too. The wife of a co-worker of my husband took a shower while her membranes ruptured. She never noticed it. Three days later she went to the doctor and he told her, that her membranes ruptured and they needed to induce her. Baby and mother were fine... :rolleyes: I think, with me it's psychological, too, cause I said to myself I needed to finish the gift for my husband first, before I let him out. I guess, by tonight I will be done :lol: .

Guhlia Rising Star

Anything new going on, Stef?

When I logged on this morning and didn't see this topic I was hoping maybe that meant she was busy having the baby, my fingers are crossed.

Guhlia Rising Star
When I logged on this morning and didn't see this topic I was hoping maybe that meant she was busy having the baby, my fingers are crossed.

Yeah, I was kind of feeling that way too... Like today might be the day. I woke up feeling like that, I don't know why. I hope for her sake it is. I know how badly she must want to meet her little Lukas.

On a side note, my mom called me in a panic last night because she had this overwhelming feeling that I was going into labor. I've been having contractions all night, but nothing's progressed yet. Perhaps Stef and I will have our babies on the same day after all. :)

AndreaB Contributor
On a side note, my mom called me in a panic last night because she had this overwhelming feeling that I was going into labor. I've been having contractions all night, but nothing's progressed yet. Perhaps Stef and I will have our babies on the same day after all. :)

Keep us posted Angie.......now we can start getting more excited for your upcoming little one.

Isn't Stef usually on in the morning? Maybe she did head in. :unsure:

So no word yet...I am dying!!!

Guhlia Rising Star

Either she's having the baby or she's working on the nursery... My guess is that she's having the baby. Nothing here yet... Ugh...

jerseyangel Proficient

Hang in there, Angie :D As if you have a choice :P

No word yet on Stef--maybe she's in as we speak!

Lisa Mentor

I've been checking in all day and most likely will till I crawl in bed tonight. :rolleyes:

AndreaB Contributor

She still hasn't been on today huh? I'd think she is in as Patti said.

You're time is coming up real soon Angie. :)

Guhlia Rising Star
You're time is coming up real soon Angie. :)

I hope you're right. I'm starting to go out of my mind. Patience is NOT my strong point.

I think she's having it as we speak, probably already did. I hope things are well with her and little Lukas. I can't wait for the update!!! If I'm not making any progress, I'd at least like it if SOMEONE were. :)

I hope you're right. I'm starting to go out of my mind. Patience is NOT my strong point.

I think she's having it as we speak, probably already did. I hope things are well with her and little Lukas. I can't wait for the update!!! If I'm not making any progress, I'd at least like it if SOMEONE were. :)

I started keeping my cell phone on my desk at work so I can get the message when Annika arrives :) If I run to see a patient, when I come back, the first thing I do is check the cell phone.

Nothing here yet. Guys, I'm sooo sorry I let you wait so long today. But my husband was on the computer all morning, so I couldn't get on. And when he left, I still was fed up with working on his gift. I don't want him to see it, before it's done, so I couldn't work on it in the morning, while he was home. Then, when he finally left at like 12:50pm (usually he leaves at 12:25 or so already), I immediately ran to my sewing machine to get going with the gift. Bugger! There are still a few pockets and the webbing and parachute clip left to do and he's on vacation as of today. So I can't guarantee to be on here tomorrow (or the other days after that) either, because he is on vacation and might be on the computer all day. Aaaargh!

But I will promise, to either come here and leave a message, when we leave for the hospital. Or that I will call or text somebody on here 100%, in case I can't come here anymore, as soon as I head to the hospital. So you guys know, what's going on. I'm usually very reliable with that (but nothing happened all day, that's why I didn't text). And I will definitely use the cell phone, when I don't have time to come on here anymore, before we leave to the hospital. Big promise! I know how tough waiting is, so I'm not doing that to you guys. That means, if you hear nothing from me, most likely nothing's going on. Just came back from class. Again, sorry I let you guys wait so long.

AndreaB Contributor

Well, we were hoping.......anytime now Lukas. :D

Stef it was good to hear from you. At least we know you are ok. Maybe tomorrow will be Lukas's big arrival ;)

Guhlia Rising Star

So sorry nothing's happening yet, Stef! It is frustrating, isn't it? Its especially bad once you're past your due date. My original guess was the 25th though, so I'm still thinking you might go then. :) That's only two more days, right? :) I feel your pain.

Guhlia Rising Star
I started keeping my cell phone on my desk at work so I can get the message when Annika arrives :) If I run to see a patient, when I come back, the first thing I do is check the cell phone.

I think we might be waiting a little while here... Last time I never did go into labor and they said that because of that, this pregnancy is more like a first pregnancy than a second. I may very well go late with this one, though I'm obviously hoping I don't. We're getting central air though next week, so it would probably be more convenient if we didn't have her until that was all taken care of. :) We'll see. Hopefully though, I'll be texting you tomorrow. :)

Archived