This site uses cookies. Continued use is acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. More Info... ×
  • Welcome to Celiac.com!

You have found your celiac tribe! Join us and ask questions in our forum, share your story, and connect with others.

• Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-M):

• Get Celiac.com Updates:
    Where Your Contribution Counts!
    eNewsletter
    Support Us!

Stef The Kicking Cutie

Lisa

Michi8 Contributor
I think we might be waiting a little while here... Last time I never did go into labor and they said that because of that, this pregnancy is more like a first pregnancy than a second. I may very well go late with this one, though I'm obviously hoping I don't. We're getting central air though next week, so it would probably be more convenient if we didn't have her until that was all taken care of. :) We'll see. Hopefully though, I'll be texting you tomorrow. :)

I hope you don't go late either. I want to hear happy baby news from both you and Steph!

You will likely find that labour will be like a first birth. I didn't labour with my first, and had a long labour with my second. Because both of my first births were c/s, my third labour and birth was like that of a first time mother...typical 13 hours of active labour and 2.5 hours of pushing (though the pushing time flew by for me, because I was just so happy to finally be at that stage!) :)

Sending happy, healthy birthing thoughts to you and Steph...let's hope for easy labours to start soon!

Michelle

PS, Angie, do let go of the stress of getting air conditioning installed...let someone else take on that planning & worry. Otherwise, that stress will keep your labour from starting! BTDT...I had prodromal labour for two weeks until I released my stressors...only then did my labour finally kick into gear.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

• Replies 223
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guhlia Rising Star
I hope you don't go late either. I want to hear happy baby news from both you and Steph!

You will likely find that labour will be like a first birth. I didn't labour with my first, and had a long labour with my second. Because both of my first births were c/s, my third labour and birth was like that of a first time mother...typical 13 hours of active labour and 2.5 hours of pushing (though the pushing time flew by for me, because I was just so happy to finally be at that stage!) :)

Sending happy, healthy birthing thoughts to you and Steph...let's hope for easy labours to start soon!

Michelle

PS, Angie, do let go of the stress of getting air conditioning installed...let someone else take on that planning & worry. Otherwise, that stress will keep your labour from starting! BTDT...I had prodromal labour for two weeks until I released my stressors...only then did my labour finally kick into gear.

Oh, I'm not stressed about getting the air conditioning at all. My husband's taking care of everything there. Plus, we're getting a crazy deal on it, so there's not even the financial stress of having it taken care of. Its a win win situation. Even if the baby comes before the a/c guys do their thing it won't be a big deal. My husband knows them personally and they'll work with us on times and stuff. It'll be as stress free as that kind of thing possibly can be. :)

My only stress has been the fear of not going into labor. I'm not sure how to let go of that one. Any ideas? Nothing I have done seems to be able to relieve that one. Though, I'm not preoccupied by it, it is still a fear. I even opted out of my exam this week because I didn't want the added stress of knowing that still nothing was going on down there. I decided it was better to not know.

I'm also afraid that I won't know when its for real. I mean, I'm having contractions daily now, sometimes regular and just minutes apart, painful... They've never amounted to anything though. I'm afraid I won't know when its time. I know, everyone says you'll know, you'll know, but what if I don't? And yes, I know that's a normal fear. It just feels like this is the first time I'm doing all of this. I don't remember being so nervous when I was pregnant with Tori.

blueeyedmanda Community Regular
Oh, I'm not stressed about getting the air conditioning at all. My husband's taking care of everything there. Plus, we're getting a crazy deal on it, so there's not even the financial stress of having it taken care of. Its a win win situation. Even if the baby comes before the a/c guys do their thing it won't be a big deal. My husband knows them personally and they'll work with us on times and stuff. It'll be as stress free as that kind of thing possibly can be. :)

My only stress has been the fear of not going into labor. I'm not sure how to let go of that one. Any ideas? Nothing I have done seems to be able to relieve that one. Though, I'm not preoccupied by it, it is still a fear. I even opted out of my exam this week because I didn't want the added stress of knowing that still nothing was going on down there. I decided it was better to not know.

I'm also afraid that I won't know when its for real. I mean, I'm having contractions daily now, sometimes regular and just minutes apart, painful... They've never amounted to anything though. I'm afraid I won't know when its time. I know, everyone says you'll know, you'll know, but what if I don't? And yes, I know that's a normal fear. It just feels like this is the first time I'm doing all of this. I don't remember being so nervous when I was pregnant with Tori.

I am scared about those things as well, even though I am not pregnant yet. I know people always say even when the baby comes you will know what to do. I get so worried I will do something wrong.

stef-the-kicking-cuty Enthusiast

That might be, what's going on with me at the moment. I'm so frustrated, it ain't even funny any more. The World Championships start tomorrow. Well,... without me though. I managed to qualify in these years World Championships in two classes, but now... I can't believe, it is now in August and not in November <_< like usual. :( I would have loved to be there and then the marching in of the nations with me in the US Team and my little guy on my arm. :rolleyes: . I guess, it wasn't meant to be this year. But I bet, that's what's going on in my brain right now and that's why it isn't working. My first division runs Tuesday around 8:45 and my second on Wednesday around noon. I bet you guys, one of these times will be exactly, when I'm going (or in between), cause that's when the mental stress is released. Yeah, yeah, I know, you say 'you have a new joy in live' yaddidi and yaddida. But you guys don't understand. This is something in my life, that isn't replaceable. It wasn't replaceable, when I married (and everybody told me it would be, it never was) and it won't be now, that I'm having a baby. And I don't want it to be replaceable. It just will have to live side by side of each other... Everybody needs a dream and a goal in life, when you loose that, you will die. And this is my dream. I want to make it on top of the podestal one day, with or without my family, even if that sounds egoistic. I just want to... :o

I am afraid of the same thing. Yes, people say, you know, it's for real. I know at least 6 women (from Dr. Sears books or personally or through family and friends) that gave painless births. And they didn't know either. What if.... one of us is one of those women??? I mean, yes, the chances are little, but that doesn't mean, it won't happen. It happened before!! And just the fact, that they teach that everywhere in the Bradley courses probably means, that it happens more often than you think. Why else would they teach it, if it is so insignificant, that it almost never happens? Makes no sense. In Bradley course they told us, if it should happen (like in the car on the way to the hospital), put the naked baby on moms naked chest and put some steril newspapers and then a blanket on top of it all. Always keep some towels in the car around your due date, too. The moms body temperature will keep baby warm and the newspaper will keep it steril.... a completely new newspaper, that has never been opened before will be steril and without germs.

Hi Stef! hope all is well this morning. Did you get the nursery all finished?

jerseyangel Proficient

Just popping in to check on everyone :D

Michi8 Contributor

Angie, you will go into labour, trust me. You'll also know when its real. The labour pain you're having now is likely prodromal, and may be more productive than you realize. Prodromal labour is not uncommon for a VBAC, especially since in a VBAC situation a woman often carries additional stress/baggage in trying to have a different birth from the last.

For me, I had prodromal labour for about two weeks, and part of it was my body trying to get baby into the correct position, and the other part was my mind wasn't letting labour progress to the real thing. My labour didn't really kick in until my family (mom, MIL, FIL and kids) were asked to leave the house for awhile. Labour started, then my youngest brother made a surprise visit with his girlfriend and labour stopped again. Sigh. We told him to go away and labour really did kick in that night. :)

Michelle

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):
Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8-M):

Michi8 Contributor
That might be, what's going on with me at the moment. I'm so frustrated, it ain't even funny any more. The World Championships start tomorrow. Well,... without me though. I managed to qualify in these years World Championships in two classes, but now... I can't believe, it is now in August and not in November <_< like usual. :( I would have loved to be there and then the marching in of the nations with me in the US Team and my little guy on my arm. :rolleyes: . I guess, it wasn't meant to be this year. But I bet, that's what's going on in my brain right now and that's why it isn't working. My first division runs Tuesday around 8:45 and my second on Wednesday around noon. I bet you guys, one of these times will be exactly, when I'm going (or in between), cause that's when the mental stress is released. Yeah, yeah, I know, you say 'you have a new joy in live' yaddidi and yaddida. But you guys don't understand. This is something in my life, that isn't replaceable. It wasn't replaceable, when I married (and everybody told me it would be, it never was) and it won't be now, that I'm having a baby. And I don't want it to be replaceable. It just will have to live side by side of each other... Everybody needs a dream and a goal in life, when you loose that, you will die. And this is my dream. I want to make it on top of the podestal one day, with or without my family, even if that sounds egoistic. I just want to... :o

I am afraid of the same thing. Yes, people say, you know, it's for real. I know at least 6 women (from Dr. Sears books or personally or through family and friends) that gave painless births. And they didn't know either. What if.... one of us is one of those women??? I mean, yes, the chances are little, but that doesn't mean, it won't happen. It happened before!! And just the fact, that they teach that everywhere in the Bradley courses probably means, that it happens more often than you think. Why else would they teach it, if it is so insignificant, that it almost never happens? Makes no sense. In Bradley course they told us, if it should happen (like in the car on the way to the hospital), put the naked baby on moms naked chest and put some steril newspapers and then a blanket on top of it all. Always keep some towels in the car around your due date, too. The moms body temperature will keep baby warm and the newspaper will keep it steril.... a completely new newspaper, that has never been opened before will be steril and without germs.

Steph, if you have a labour that is painless, and you don't realize it, then the baby is just born. It really doesn't have to be a big panic. With a healthy pregnancy and birth, there is nothing medical that is really necessary. I wouldn't worry about "sterile" newspapers either. Baby will not get sick from familiar germs (that's one of the reasons home birth can be a safer choice...the germs are the same as baby has already been exposed to) keeping it warm against bare skin is important.

More realistically, though, you will have some pain, but it could be short lived. My SIL went into labour a month early for her first and didn't realize it (she thought it was just back pain), but it did get uncomfortable enough for her to go into hospital. Her baby was born within a couple of hours, perfectly healthy.

Michelle

Any babies yet?

Nothing new on my side. I will go to Ju Jitsu now, then walk a mile, then bank, Wal-Mart, JoAnn's and then take a nap. Maybe this will get things started. :lol:

Haha, my Ju Jitsu instructor said, his little girl will turn 2 tomorrow. I thought, that would be kinda cool, if the two little ones share a birthday. Other than that I went to the bank drive through and did not go to WalMart. I didn't even walk the mile, cause it's friggin hot here today. However I went to JoAnn's. Now I can finally finish my hubby's daddy gift. Hopefully I can post a picture of it, when it's done :lol: . I could convince him to walk around at the Perry County Fair tonight, when it's cooled off. Hopefully the walking will get something started. :rolleyes:

jerseyangel Proficient

Hi Stef--I came on to check to see if you had posted. We had a power failure this afternoon that lasted about 2 hours, so I haven't been able to get on line.

Walking is a good idea....with my second, we went to the State Fair for the whole day, and I went into labor that night. Be careful, though, since it's so hot and humid today :)

AndreaB Contributor

Lukas must be nice and comfy. :P Hopefully you'll be able to get a nice walk in when it cools down.

Hopefully it cools down for her....it is currently 90 degrees where Stef, Angie and I are but the heat index is set for 104.

104??? Oh no, I really hope, it cools down. We are planning to go to the Fair around 6-ish. That should be better. Oh, that's in an hour already. Uhm, I better hurry up getting that clip onto the bag before hubby comes back. So I can take a pic and show you guys :rolleyes: .

OK, so I finally attached the clip to the bag. The thing is, it's the other way around :blink: . Oh well, hopefully he won't notice, most guys don't... lol :P . If he does notice, I can still change it later on and pretend I didn't notice the mistake myself, hehe ;) .

So, this is from the front:

Diaper Bag Front

And this is from the back. You can see the part, where he can attach a bottle on the upper right corner:

Diaper Bag Back

He can just hang this diaper bag around his shoulders and back and it looks like something you would go hunting with... lol. Tho he doethn't have to show hith female thide, tststs :lol: .

He just called, he still needs to help a friend with something. That means we will go to the Fair a little later. Fine with me, it's still hot here.

Kaycee Collaborator

That's an awesome bag Stef.

Wish you all the best and hope baby arrives soon.

Cathy

jerseyangel Proficient

Stef--that bag is great! No one would ever know he's carrying a diaper bag.

Great job :D

Lisa Mentor

That bag is SO cool. He will be so proud of your efforts. :D

little d Enthusiast

Stef

Having sex with your husband should get things started, the Sperm has some kind of cemical to get some kind of contrations started so I am told. I never tried it with my daughter because I was to scared, my poor husband at the time I think that he was too scared too to do anything with me for fear of having my water brake on him while having sex, would have been funny though :lol:

I hope that you have your baby soon with in the next few days.

Are you nesting yet, cleaning, running a marathon, painting the house, mowing the yard. The last two my mom did when he had my brother.

donna

The bag is great Stef,

How was the Perry County Fair? Did you guys get that bad storm that came through? It was bad on the East shore!!!

little d Enthusiast

Stef

Nothing like having a good old storm to come threw to get your baby to come. Babies will arrive during any kind of storm. Usuallay when we have rain storms here since we get busy especailly if Tornatos are involved. I am a true believer in the full moon and any kind of storm for babies to want to make there entrance. I think that I choose the 26th for your baby to arrive and so if storms are in your area maybe this is the day :rolleyes: Good Luck

donna

It has been hot here!!!

Well, we went to the Perry County Fair. It was very interesting. I might have a stand there next year with my school. Maybe I'm trying to get in with a show on stage, too.

So, after we got home from the Fair I wanted to read, so I went upstairs and read for like three hours until my husband finally came in to sleep. By then it was 1am. So we switched off the lights. At 3:30am I woke up with bad cramps (yes, finally) and I had to go pee. When I finally got off the bed I waddled into the bathroom next door and when I did that, the cramps got lighter and lighter until they were gone. :blink: So disappointed I went back to bed. At 5:30am I woke up again. Again with bad cramps and again I had to pee. So I went to the bathroom again and when I went back to bed, the cramps were gone. Guess, what happened at 7:30am :P . This time I stayed up and went to the computer. I don't get it...

There was something strange tonight though :o and I don't know, what to do about it. Remember I had my bloody show the night from Sunday to Monday and lost my mucous plug on Monday! Well, after I lost it, I still had stuff coming out, kind of gooey and all. So I thought, maybe my plug is coming in pieces, like with some of the girls on our pregnancy board. And because of it happening to them I didn't think anything of it. And of course that stuff came out sometimes even when sitting or rocking from side to side or lying down or so. So I told my doc on Wednesday and he also checked me and didn't mention anything or didn't have any idea about something not being right with the amniotic fluid (especially since I had gained so much and not lost, like you do, when you loose fluid...). So I went back home and the next few days, up until today I still noticed stuff coming out. But now it's more watery (not gooey anymore) or slightly bubbly. And the color is sometimes clear, sometimes slightly yellowish-orangish. Until last night I didn't even realize, it was coming out kind of running once in a while. Cause it was so hot out I thought it was sweat. Now last night we had the air conditioner on and it still happened. And it happened after I went to the toilet and was empty, so it couldn't have been urine or so. I'm confused. I don't want to go in and then it's nothing. And then, while I'm there, they maybe magically decide, they want to keep me and find some stupid excuse to scare me and to induce me :o . And even though, it's against the law, they might just make something scary up to get their bill for the insurance company up. Sorry, I don't trust doctors anymore since I got diagnosed with celiac. Most of them are just plain stupid. So, what do I do now? :(

I would go in, maybe this is a sign!!!! Good Luck!!!!

Guhlia Rising Star

Stef, if its bubbly I would DEFINITELY go in. That could be a sign of infection and its always better to be safe than sorry. Chances are, it's nothing, but it would be best to get a doctor's opinion. Make sure you describe it in detail to them. Let us know what happens.

Archived