Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

arlingtonmom

Had Biopsy Yesterday

I had my biopsy yesterday, and I must say it's killing me to wait a week for the biopsy results. During the endoscope the doctor saw what she described as mild scalloping. I know this is consistent with celiac, but not definitive. However, in your experience does mild scalloping usually correlate with a positive biopsy and diagnosis of celiac? Thanks for any input.

Guest Doll

There are other causes of "scalloping", although it is seen in Celiac Disease. One major diff dx is some sort of bacterial infection. Make sure your doctor screens you for bowel infections, especially if you have poor immunity.

I had my biopsy yesterday, and I must say it's killing me to wait a week for the biopsy results. During the endoscope the doctor saw what she described as mild scalloping. I know this is consistent with celiac, but not definitive. However, in your experience does mild scalloping usually correlate with a positive biopsy and diagnosis of celiac? Thanks for any input.

Hi I had mild scalloping on my biopsy as well. My gastro pretty much told me after the scope that I had it, but lets wait for the results. I also had some areas that were healed and some that showed definite signs of celiac. I had done weight watchers for years, so some of the times I didn't eat any type of bread or pasta etc. I also had esophagitis that was well on its way. The waiting was the worst. I had never heard of celiac until my gastro who I had seen for GERD and colonoscopies had discovered that my blood work was always off, low b 12 , folate , high sed rate,mcw rate and other autoimmune disturbances. My family thought I was a hypercondriac because I was always sick and not feeling well. ie: stomach problems, braing fog. When my results from my biopsy came back it should celiac and healing villi. So I am not gluten free since december. My blood work has shown my antibiodies to be below the normal range for celiac. felling a lot better too. good luck. I noticed your screen name as arlington mom, is that texas or mass?

Doll and Finally Diagnosed,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I guess the bottom line is I just have to wait, ugh! However, it does sound that it's not normal to have any scalloping so either way I need to find out what's causing it.

And, it's Arlington, VA. :D

Doll and Finally Diagnosed,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I guess the bottom line is I just have to wait, ugh! However, it does sound that it's not normal to have any scalloping so either way I need to find out what's causing it.

And, it's Arlington, VA. :D

good luck thanks for responding. I am in Arl , Ma. let us know how you make out. ;)