Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ElizabethN

Menu Help!

I am hosting a girl's night tomorrow and need a quick, easy menu. I had been planning on just going to the deli and getting a chicken, potato salad and some fruit when I remembered one of my friends is vegan. I would like to have enough sides for her to eat a decent meal but because I am 8-1/2 months pregnant and it is 1000 degrees outside, I would rather not have to cook something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

Gluten free since 10/05

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

You could get a veggie tray, hummus, fruit, chips and salsa.

If you happen to be extremely close to a Whole Foods, you could stick to your original plan (most locations I've been to sell vegan potato salad in the deli section). While you're there you could pick up a Sunshine veggie burger for your friend and a chicken for everyone else.

"Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food." - Hippocrates

Ialways make avocado soup which is just 3 avocados in a food processor with almond or soy milk and a bunch of fresh dill. Really refreshing.

Dont know if your friend eats cheese but we often combine fresh figs, feta cheese and spinach in a salad with light dressing I make from citrus, olive oil and flavored vinegar.

My 3 year old granddaughter prefers banana soup( I think she just likes to stick them in the food processor) She adds coconut milk and curry powder. Also nice on a hot day.

have fun!

I am hosting a girl's night tomorrow and need a quick, easy menu. I had been planning on just going to the deli and getting a chicken, potato salad and some fruit when I remembered one of my friends is vegan. I would like to have enough sides for her to eat a decent meal but because I am 8-1/2 months pregnant and it is 1000 degrees outside, I would rather not have to cook something. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!

"Ryo tatereba mi ga tatanu"

If we try to serve both sides, we cannot stand our own ground.

Japanese proverb

Celiac.com - Celiac Disease Board Moderator