Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

maryjk

Follow Up Blood Test Results Back

So, I went gluten free Dec 6 of last year.

At that time my tTG was 124. :o They also did a biopsy that showed total villus atrophy.

Now, seven months later, they did a follow up blood test.

My tTG is now 5!

According to the report, 0-3 is negative, 4-10 is weak positive and over 10 is positive.

I know that I am aiming for less than 4, but after only 7 months, I think 5 is pretty good. What I am doing, must be working.

You did not say how you were feeling. I assume it is a lot better than last Dec. When I did follow up testing one year into the diet after damaged villi, I felt perfect prior to running the tests. When all the levels came back with the value of "1" it was no surprise. I don't know it there is any estimated time that villi heal and bloodwork becomes normal with 100% compliance of the gluten-free diet. It sounds as though you are definitely headed in the right direction.

Tom

When people ask how I feel, I tell them that I feel 10 years younger.

My only concern about my blood levels were that although I follow the diet, our house is not gluten free. We also eat out twice a week. It is always the same 4 restaurants, but I do eat out. I did not get new pans or a new cutting board, but I did wash the old ones throughly. I do have my own toaster and spreadables but there is plenty of gluten in the house. The family is always very careful, but now I know we are being careful enough.