Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I am taking it in tablet form and it is gluten-free.

I would double check with your pharmacist as there are many brands, all of them are generics according to my pharmacist, but he'll be able to call the manufacturer or check the ingredients to the one they carry.

thanks carla. the pharmacist was really helpful and went through the ingredients and said nothing looked suspicious. i went ahead and got it and tried to contact the company which is closed until monday so i went ahead and took it trusting that it is gluten-free. i have a horrible ear infection that is getting worse- tried to go the natural route and it wasn't working :( if any one knows if the Ranbaxy 875mg amoxicillin tablets are gluten-free / not gluten-free please let me know! on another note i was really surprised that the doctor and the pharmacist even knew what gluten was. not bad for my first gluten-free 24-hour emergency treatment center & perscription drug filling.

thanks carla. the pharmacist was really helpful and went through the ingredients and said nothing looked suspicious. i went ahead and got it and tried to contact the company which is closed until monday so i went ahead and took it trusting that it is gluten-free. i have a horrible ear infection that is getting worse- tried to go the natural route and it wasn't working :( if any one knows if the Ranbaxy 875mg amoxicillin tablets are gluten-free / not gluten-free please let me know! on another note i was really surprised that the doctor and the pharmacist even knew what gluten was. not bad for my first gluten-free 24-hour emergency treatment center & perscription drug filling.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Unfortunately in most cases you can NOT tell just by looking at the label of script drugs. Your pharm really should have called and checked. I have actually had one ball up and throw the inside lit from a script across the room when I asked her to check. I had her pick up the paper and hand it to me and called myself. It was not a safe med but she was handing it to me without checking, even though they know I am celiac she was still telling me it was safe. I don't use that pharmacey anymore. Many meds are safe, all should be IMHO, and I am hoping that is the case this for you. If you have a Wegmans near you they are very celiac savvy and that is where I will go from now on if I need a script filled.