Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

The drug itself is - the capsule ingredients depend on the manufacturer. Most capsules are made from gelatin and do not contain gluten.

Sandy

Sandy

Type 1 diabetes - 1986

hypothyroid -1993

pernicious anemia

premature atrial beats

neuropathy

retinopathy

daughter is: age 15

central hypotonia and developmental delay

balance issues (rides an adult 3 wheel bike)

hypothyroid 1996

dermatographia - a form of angioedema 2002

celiac 2004 - by endoscopy

diagnosed Aspergers at age 7 - responded very well (HUGE difference) to gluten-free diet

recovered from Kawasaki (2003)

lactose intolerant - figured out in Oct/06

Gilberts syndrome (April/07)

allergy to stinging insects

scoliosis Jan 2008

nightshade intolerance - figured out April 2008

allergy to Sulfa antibiotics

son is 13

type 1 diabetic - 2003 diagnosed on his 9th birthday

celiac - 2004 by endoscopy

lactose intolerant - figured out Nov/06

I am taking it in tablet form and it is gluten-free.

I would double check with your pharmacist as there are many brands, all of them are generics according to my pharmacist, but he'll be able to call the manufacturer or check the ingredients to the one they carry.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06

thanks carla. the pharmacist was really helpful and went through the ingredients and said nothing looked suspicious. i went ahead and got it and tried to contact the company which is closed until monday so i went ahead and took it trusting that it is gluten-free. i have a horrible ear infection that is getting worse- tried to go the natural route and it wasn't working :( if any one knows if the Ranbaxy 875mg amoxicillin tablets are gluten-free / not gluten-free please let me know! on another note i was really surprised that the doctor and the pharmacist even knew what gluten was. not bad for my first gluten-free 24-hour emergency treatment center & perscription drug filling.

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!

thanks carla. the pharmacist was really helpful and went through the ingredients and said nothing looked suspicious. i went ahead and got it and tried to contact the company which is closed until monday so i went ahead and took it trusting that it is gluten-free. i have a horrible ear infection that is getting worse- tried to go the natural route and it wasn't working :( if any one knows if the Ranbaxy 875mg amoxicillin tablets are gluten-free / not gluten-free please let me know! on another note i was really surprised that the doctor and the pharmacist even knew what gluten was. not bad for my first gluten-free 24-hour emergency treatment center & perscription drug filling.

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. Unfortunately in most cases you can NOT tell just by looking at the label of script drugs. Your pharm really should have called and checked. I have actually had one ball up and throw the inside lit from a script across the room when I asked her to check. I had her pick up the paper and hand it to me and called myself. It was not a safe med but she was handing it to me without checking, even though they know I am celiac she was still telling me it was safe. I don't use that pharmacey anymore. Many meds are safe, all should be IMHO, and I am hoping that is the case this for you. If you have a Wegmans near you they are very celiac savvy and that is where I will go from now on if I need a script filled.

Courage does not always roar, sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying

"I will try again tommorrow" (Mary Anne Radmacher)

Diagnosed by Allergist with elimination diet and diagnosis confirmed by GI in 2002

Misdiagnoses for 15 years were IBS-D, ataxia, migraines, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia, parathesias, arthritis, livedo reticularis, hairloss, premature menopause, osteoporosis, kidney damage, diverticulosis, prediabetes and ulcers, dermatitis herpeformis

All bold resoved or went into remission in time with proper diagnosis of Celiac November 2002

Gene Test Aug 2007

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 1 0303

HLA-DQB1 Molecular analysis, Allele 2 0303

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 3,3 (Subtype 9,9)

Just as an FYI-

Ranbaxy Amoxicillin 875 mg tablets are gluten free.

Whew!

Diagnosed with Celiac Disease February 2007

Finally feeling better than ever!